Is Leisure Pro an Authorized UK Dealer??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Harmon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Folks,

I'm considering buying a UK Light Cannon for myself and my wife. After comparing prices, I noticed that Leisure Pro has the Light Cannon (New) for almost $100 less than the other stores. The question I have is ... Is Leisure Pro an "authorized" UK dealer, ie if I have a problem with my light, will UK honor the warranty or tell me "good luck"?

A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks, but I really don't want to buy my lights from a "gray market" seller only to find that they are factory seconds, or that they leak, or some such other disgusting thing.

The thing which has me spooked is some small print in the "warranty" section of their Web site which says that the merchandise may come with manuals printed in a language other than English, or that the warranty cards may not be valid in the US. in which case they will provide a Leisure Pro warranty, which is allegedly as good or better than the factory warranty.

Do any of you experts out there have any experience with Leisure Pro? Do any of you know if this is a legitimate seller of first quality gear or is it some kind of gray market store which may sell seconds or products with no warranty. Scuba gear isn't the type of stuff I want to take a chance on.

Please share your experiences!
Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike!

You may not be surprised to learn that you're not the first one wondering about this sort of thing. Pull up a chair this Friday evening, get something to drink, and see for instance this thread.

Cheers!

--Marek

Hey Mike, I honestly don't know if LP is an authorized dealer for UK, but we are at divesports.com. If you want an alternative, take a look at this link. Thanks.

UK LightCannon 100

Jonathan

Hey Mike, why don't you call LP and ask them yourself. LP has a toll-free number. It is 1-888-805-3600.

However, do not call on Shabbat or the upcoming Jewish Holidays.

Mike Harmon:
Hi Folks,

I'm considering buying a UK Light Cannon for myself and my wife. After comparing prices, I noticed that Leisure Pro has the Light Cannon (New) for almost $100 less than the other stores. The question I have is ... Is Leisure Pro an "authorized" UK dealer, ie if I have a problem with my light, will UK honor the warranty or tell me "good luck"?

A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks, but I really don't want to buy my lights from a "gray market" seller only to find that they are factory seconds, or that they leak, or some such other disgusting thing.

The thing which has me spooked is some small print in the "warranty" section of their Web site which says that the merchandise may come with manuals printed in a language other than English, or that the warranty cards may not be valid in the US. in which case they will provide a Leisure Pro warranty, which is allegedly as good or better than the factory warranty.

Do any of you experts out there have any experience with Leisure Pro? Do any of you know if this is a legitimate seller of first quality gear or is it some kind of gray market store which may sell seconds or products with no warranty. Scuba gear isn't the type of stuff I want to take a chance on.

Please share your experiences!
Thanks,
Mike

If you click on the link at the bottom of this posting you will see that Leisure Pro is an authorized UK dealer.

In the future you might want to check the manufacturer's web site yourself before asking others to help you do so. If you put in the Leisure Pro zip code (10011 found on the Leisure Pro web site under "Contact Us") and pick within 25 miles you will see Leisure Pro on the list.

http://www.ukinternational.com/dealers.php?zipcode=10011&radius=25&find.x=6&find.y=4

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom