Is it worth owning your own trimix analyser ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bet that the He cost more than the plugs. I had a faulty Nuvair a few years ago and I ended up losing $$$ when trying to do a Tri fill on two sets of double 120s. It took five attempts and two full dumps before I got wise and used a friend's analyzer.
Not really sure, the good plugs were costing a little over US$10 each from the factory year before last, and many Importers were bumping the price up to US$15 each.
50x US$10 factory direct without shipping was still a lot of helium from Air Liquide or PraxAir 6 years ago.

Michael

Looked it up again, here is the manufacturer's site for the plugs, prices are now quite a bit more expensive than a few years ago.
The 300bar ventable plug now sells for about USD$11.60 without VAT or shipping.
Buy unventable plugs at your own risk since you will need a 14" crescent wrench and a cheater pipe to unscrew them with pressure on.
Lola.cz - Potápěčské vybavení

Michael

Looked it up again, here is the manufacturer's site for the plugs, prices are now quite a bit more expensive than a few years ago.
The 300bar ventable plug now sells for about USD$11.60 without VAT or shipping.
Buy unventable plugs at your own risk since you will need a 14" crescent wrench and a cheater pipe to unscrew them with pressure on.
Lola.cz - Potápěčské vybavení

Michael

I have the unventable plugs. My fear was that the ventable plugs with moving parts could fail. I'm pretty happy with my purchase. My save-a-dive kit has an adjustable wrench in it. I get things at cost. The cost of 50 plugs was half as much as the helium I lost a couple of years earlier.

Back
Top Bottom