Is it possible to travel responsibly (during a pandemic)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I won't be forced to roll the dice on the kill shot, directly or indirectly. Mainly because there are effective alternative treatments that have been suppressed by the government health agencies as well as the media. Literally millions of lives could have been saved, if not for the active suppression of these treatments and the one size fits all approach by the criminally negligent CDC and NIH.

Yes, HCQ is one of those effective treatments, regardless of what you were told by the media, who cared more to bash Trump than save lives.

I don't know anything about the Talcum powder case, but we've seen more than a few silly decisions out of lower courts to raise concerns with such decisions.
If not for politics infecting everything, we would be interested in and talking about the pros and cons of various treatments and preventative measures. Politics is the actual deadly disease. I remember in March 2020, that finding information on treatments was damn near impossible. Now days "everyone" takes it for granted that you're not allowed to talk about treatments. I think mentioning Ivermectin can get you banned on YouTube. Don't even bother with a Google search.

It sounds absurd, and I thought so too at first. However, apparently there were even internal emails at Johnson and Johnson where they noticed it seemed to be causing cancer. My point of mentioning that, was to point it it's fairly difficult to know what may have medium-to-long term health consequences of relatively mundane items, and that we're much less likely to know for something like an MRNA injection.

Drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco both cause various types of cancers and whilst the tobacco companies have been under attack for years they are still in business and people are freely consuming both of these products should they want to.

@SlugMug It is actually worse than I indicated in my post. I listened to an "ABC News" spot talking about Louisiana being an out break hot spot just 2 weeks ago. This "news" spot actually made fun of people who were taking Ivermectin. The commentary was centered around these desperate, ignorant folks were resorting to taking a drug called Ivermectin, which is used for animals.

This is an active disinformation campaign.

I can't afford such thinking. Life is too short and I haven't seen so much.

I merely shared my recent thoughts on my inability to cope with the stresses and discomforts of overseas journeys under present conditions. Life is indeed short, and I used to travel all over the world and had much left to see, but I found I just can't hack it the way it is now. I feel the travel itself took a toll on my physical and mental well being. Maybe when I was 20 years younger this wouldn't have bothered me as much. People like you and Dan are free to enjoy the less crowded world of long distance travel.

What kind of BS have you been feeding yourself?
The press is still FREE and so is Internet!
You cannot be that naive!

Hong Kong Free Press: Independent news for Hong Kong

Hong Kong Free Press - Wikipedia

You must be a spokesperson for the CCP. Nice try. Next you're going to say that HK enjoys complete freedom from China.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-apple-daily-editor-on-security-law-scmp-says

Chinese Journalist Jailed Amid Ongoing Hong Kong Protests Tops List Of ‘10 Most Urgent’ Press Freedom Cases

@SlugMug It is actually worse than I indicated in my post. I listened to an "ABC News" spot talking about Louisiana being an out break hot spot just 2 weeks ago. This "news" spot actually made fun of people who were taking Ivermectin. The commentary was centered around these desperate, ignorant folks were resorting to taking a drug called Ivermectin, which is used for animals.

This is an active disinformation campaign.
How about an evidenced based review of the current clinical trials…

Ivermectin for preventing and treating COVID-19

Authors' conclusions:
Based on the current very low- to low-certainty evidence, we are uncertain about the efficacy and safety of ivermectin used to treat or prevent COVID-19. The completed studies are small and few are considered high quality. Several studies are underway that may produce clearer answers in review updates. Overall, the reliable evidence available does not support the use ivermectin for treatment or prevention of COVID-19 outside of well-designed randomized trials.

How about an evidenced based review of the current clinical trials…

Ivermectin for preventing and treating COVID-19

Authors' conclusions:
Based on the current very low- to low-certainty evidence, we are uncertain about the efficacy and safety of ivermectin used to treat or prevent COVID-19. The completed studies are small and few are considered high quality. Several studies are underway that may produce clearer answers in review updates. Overall, the reliable evidence available does not support the use ivermectin for treatment or prevention of COVID-19 outside of well-designed randomized trials.

How about not, regardless of the biased studies when you are in the midst of a virus spreading around the world, you don't wait for peer reviewed studies to take action. Especially when the risk is low and the rewards are life saving.

Your ilk would take my rights away to "save just one life." Yet you don't support Dr's doing their job to treat patients and save lives. Instead reliant on some government agencies who have literally done nothing correct for over 18 months?

Did we do double blind studies to evaluate the effectiveness of lock downs or masks?

Are we still not advocating masks when there are studies clearly showing they make no difference?

Are the Independent Actually Dependent? Is Cochrane’s Ivermectin Analysis Biased?

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/AndrewHill7-6-21paper.pdf

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-...tin_for_Prevention_and_Treatment_of.98040.pdf

Do you really want me to continue?

India-Delhi-1024x584.png

India-UP-1024x589.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom