Is it possible to travel responsibly (during a pandemic)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm confused with advocating for people's right to choose to vaccinate or not and praise for Taiwan's handling of the pandemic, as Taiwan pretty much went with strict government enforcement - closed borders to many countries, those that were allowed in had to quarantine with random police checks, mandatory testing, ... Praise for Taiwan's handling means government decides what's best for citizens, not the citizens individually.

Normally I lean that way, too, but I keep coming back to the question of equivalent scenarios. Let's say someone is seen at the hospital for cellulitis and treated a few days, coughs up blood, and based on history and exam his physician gets testing showing he has...tuberculosis. Which is contagious, dangerous and sometimes resistant to treatment. The physician figures he'll be in the hospital awhile until they get this eliminated, in a special room where air pressure is managed so what's in the room doesn't leak out and endanger others.

What if the guy says 'Nope. My cellulitis is all cleared up, and as for T.B., yeah, I listened to all you told me about it, but I'm not staying here, I've had enough of your pills, and I'm gonna go out and live my life. I demand to leave A.M.A. and don't bother me with follow up plans, enough is enough.'

At what point does the carrier of a potentially dangerous infectious disease lose the right to wander around in public putting other people at risk?

Given how far this virus has penetrated into the population, it seems likely many (and maybe most) people will eventually get vaccinated or get the virus. Those who get the virus then pose an infection hazard to others. Others aren't warned, don't get free choice in the matter, and our infected anti-vaxxer is in effect forcing his choice to play it risky on them.
The idea of forcing medical treatments on people is a very dark, dangerous, and morally questionable slippery-slope.

However, what is event the point of forcing injections? Do the injections work, or not work? If they work, it doesn't matter if people chose not to. If they don't work, forcing everyone to be injected doesn't achieve anything. If they partially work, then it will cause more resistant strains to spread.

And if you force people to be injected with this highly-experimental treatment, who is liable for any problems that arise such as fertility problems, birth-defects, cancer, death, or various other side-effects? The pharma companies have zero liability. You can't assert it's safe, given we've already seen many short-term adverse effects (including death) and the extend of these effects can take many years to discover and are frequently covered up.

Just take a look at this: J&J asks Supreme Court to void $2B talc cancer verdict Talcum powder causing cancer? That's a crazy conspiracy theory right? The court seems to think otherwise.

We've know the injections were only partially effective at best since last year. The fact people are still talking about forcefully injecting people, is absurd (and immoral), and wouldn't stop the virus anyway.

Soooo... anyone planning on traveling anywhere besides the Caribbean soon?

I'm confused with advocating for people's right to choose to vaccinate or not and praise for Taiwan's handling of the pandemic, as Taiwan pretty much went with strict government enforcement - closed borders to many countries, those that were allowed in had to quarantine with random police checks, mandatory testing, ... Praise for Taiwan's handling means government decides what's best for citizens, not the citizens individually.

The sheep will follow. The fact the death percentage is only .6 percent isn't relevant.

Soooo... anyone planning on traveling anywhere besides the Caribbean soon?
Yes, I do. I booked to go to the Guadalupe Island (Mexico) next week, Cocos (Costa Rica) in September, Tiger Beach (Bahamas) in October and Tromso (Norway) in November.

Still have 4 spots available from $450 to $1000 off for Cocos. You are very welcome to join us.

$450-$795 off for Cocos with Argo on September 10-20, 2021

Cocos with Argo, September 10-20, 2021, $1000 off

The idea of forcing medical treatments on people is a very dark, dangerous, and morally questionable slippery-slope.

Just take a look at this: J&J asks Supreme Court to void $2B talc cancer verdict Talcum powder causing cancer? That's a crazy conspiracy theory right? The court seems to think otherwise.

We've know the injections were only partially effective at best since last year. The fact people are still talking about forcefully injecting people, is absurd (and immoral), and wouldn't stop the virus anyway.

I won't be forced to roll the dice on the kill shot, directly or indirectly. Mainly because there are effective alternative treatments that have been suppressed by the government health agencies as well as the media. Literally millions of lives could have been saved, if not for the active suppression of these treatments and the one size fits all approach by the criminally negligent CDC and NIH.

Yes, HCQ is one of those effective treatments, regardless of what you were told by the media, who cared more to bash Trump than save lives.

I don't know anything about the Talcum powder case, but we've seen more than a few silly decisions out of lower courts to raise concerns with such decisions.

Back
Top Bottom