Is it possible to travel responsibly (during a pandemic)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But our numbers are pretty damn good for God's waiting room.

Aren't you guys leading the nation on new infections? Or at least you have more cases daily now than ever before? You may not be all dying now but it's only a matter of time before Fla runs out of beds. But at least you won't run out of Ben & Jerry's.

6A86182A-57F7-415F-9C84-F8072D9C589A.jpg

Ca has about 14,000,000 more people than Fl

Florida which is below the national average, despite having the second oldest population of any state, and COVID loves killing old people. Your home state is only a couple of slots below Florida, despite have the 8th youngest population.

The media loves to attack Florida because they bucked the trend and didn't going to state wide lock downs and restrictions. But our numbers are pretty damn good for God's waiting room.
From last compete day, yesterday:
Florida #1 in new cases 16,935, # 2 is Texas with 6,794
Florida #1 in new deaths 140, #2 is Texas with 47

I realize that this is not normalized data, adjusted for the state population, so:
Florida is #6 in total number of cases/1 million population at 129,898, behind Rhode Island, Utah, Tennessee, Iowa, and Arkansas
The only place where Florida is in the middle of the pack is in deaths/1million population, where it ranks #25 at 1891. It is higher than California and about the same as Texas.

We'll see what the current stats do to Florida's ranking.

Source: United States COVID: 36,150,762 Cases and 631,212 Deaths - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

Aren't you guys leading the nation on new infections? Or at least you have more cases daily now than ever before? You may not be all dying now but it's only a matter of time before Fla runs out of beds. But at least you won't run out of Ben & Jerry's.

We will see, people claimed that Florida would be the hotspot of death, Deathsantis. Instead the numbers showed that Florida did the right thing during the original waves.

View attachment 674616

Ca has about 14,000,000 more people than Fl

Use the normalized for population data, anyone that comparing non-adjusted numbers can be ignored out of hand.

From last compete day, yesterday:
Florida #1 in new cases 16,935, # 2 is Texas with 6,794
Florida #1 in new deaths 140, #2 is Texas with 47

I realize that this is not normalized data, adjusted for the state population, so:
Florida is #6 in total number of cases/1 million population at 129,898, behind Rhode Island, Utah, Tennessee, Iowa, and Arkansas
The only place where Florida is in the middle of the pack is in deaths/1million population, where it ranks #25 at 1891. It is higher than California and about the same as Texas.

We'll see what the current stats do to Florida's ranking.

Source: United States COVID: 36,150,762 Cases and 631,212 Deaths - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

We will, but after a year of how Florida was going to be the death capitol for COVID, and all the doom & gloom articles. I've learned that we can safely ignore the media. They don't have our bests interests in mind. And these days half the time they are lying, and the other half they are spinning to fit their agenda.

I see the uptick of cases in most of the States. Delta variant is coming to USA.

It exploded in India back in April, spreading to Indonesia in July and now starts to spread in Australia, Europe & USA.

It’s time to go back to wearing mask, social distancing, etc.

We will see, people claimed that Florida would be the hotspot of death, Deathsantis. Instead the numbers showed that Florida did the right thing during the original waves.

Use the normalized for population data, anyone that comparing non-adjusted numbers can be ignored out of hand.

We will, but after a year of how Florida was going to be the death capitol for COVID, and all the doom & gloom articles. I've learned that we can safely ignore the media. They don't have our bests interests in mind. And these days half the time they are lying, and the other half they are spinning to fit their agenda.
Always look on the bright side of life...

Your stats suck, particularly now. Do you believe there are no important endpoints other than death? You should stop being so defensive. I took a break from Florida from Sept 2020-Mar 2021, I'm taking a pause now. I've been fully vaccinated since the end of February.

I see the uptick of cases in most of the States. Delta variant is coming to USA.

It exploded in in India back in April, spreading to Indonesia in July and now start to spread in Australia, Europe & USA.

It’s time to go back to wearing mask, social distancing, etc.
Based on worldometer FLA daily deaths have doubled in the last 2 weeks and appears to be trending steeply upward.
Jul 19 the 7 day moving average was 31 deaths per day. Aug 2 was 61 deaths per day. This is still well below Aug 2 2020 mark of 175 deaths per day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom