Is it a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depth and duration are factors in logging a dive by PADI requirements. I don't know your training organization so make your own determination. As an instructor I have never logged a pool dive as remarkable however someone did note that your weight and equipment notes are significant enough (supposing you will be wearing similar equipment on your salt water dive... one that will require more weight even if you are) to make note of in your book.
You did say you haven't dove since 'last year'... as I see it right now, that means only about 50 days ago?

JimLap:
Speaking of off track that's one hot lady in your photo on the SB home page, Rawls

Jim...She is quite a dish isn't she...

Just a clarification for those of you who might take offense to my comment about the terms "dived" or "dove"...Just kidding around...

Im sure that if you look in your log book you have a area for training dives. log it in that area for training dives. when the LDS looks in the book they will see that you did a refresher be for your trip. All a c-card means is that you took a class some time and not when
grumpie.......

Just a clarification for those of you who might take offense to my comment about the terms "dived" or "dove"...Just kidding around...

you had to say that!!!

and I was looking forward to those 100+ pages about dived and dove :sigh:

I made all this :popcorn: for nothing... :wink:

Thanks to all for your help . I wanted to use it for reference and I really don't care about the number of dives. I don't want to go and cause otyers to have to watch for me and don't want to ruin their fun just because I can't get my bouyancy under control. Thanks again.

Geez I really opened a can of worms with "DOVE". I really don't care if it is a dive or not it was fun and I reviewed lots and gained more valuable experience and will gain more prior to heading to the Caribean for more dives. Perhaps we can meet sometime some where and dive together. I really appreciate all the comments they are very constructive.

wardric:
you had to say that!!!

and I was looking forward to those 100+ pages about dived and dove

I made all this for nothing...

:rofl3: That was my attempt but no one took the bait....

What I do is copy a blank log page in black & white, in the space for dive #, I write pool with the date and log all pertinent information, weight, depth, time, skills practiced, etc, but don't "count it " as a "real" dive.

Just my 2psi worth.

enjoy your trip.

Jim fish
Albuquerque, NM

Dived since last year....It is always dived...There is no such word as "dove"...

Having said this still new...watch your thread now get completely off track:D

This is very interesting....I guess the next time I go hunting for these, I'll tell everyone I killed a couple things that don't have a name.....:D
cathern-secan-dove.gif

Back
Top Bottom