Is Intova ISS 4000 discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChimarraoMate

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I found this strobe and am very interested in buying it. It looks like some places still have stock, but most are out of stock. The reviews I read online are also a mixed bag, but I saw that you may have had a production issue with a batch at some point. There are really not that many reviews, but I am assuming you have sold a ton of these? Anyway, if I buy two of these, they will be my first strobe package for a 4/3 SLR setup. What is the story on these, can you fill me in? It seems like too good of a product, for the price, to get cut, unless it wasn't?

Last edited:
Hello ChimarraoMate,
We did have a production issue with ISS 4000 and had a lot of leakage issues. As our point and shoot business has evolved into POV cameras, we have streamlined our offering and discontinued strobes. This is a good one and you should enjoy it.
Best Regards,
Joe Ganahl

Hello ChimarraoMate,
We did have a production issue with ISS 4000 and had a lot of leakage issues. As our point and shoot business has evolved into POV cameras, we have streamlined our offering and discontinued strobes. This is a good one and you should enjoy it.
Best Regards,
Joe Ganahl

First off, I really appreciate the candor here in this forum. Intova seems like an honest business, as I have reviewed your responses in this thread. May I ask, how did the Intova stand by these "production issues" when they occured? Was there any kind of a recall or special repair performed to standby the defect? Is there a group of serial numbers impacted that I would want to steer clear of?

I called your Intova team and they were very helpful and informative. I went ahead and picked up two ISS 4000 strobes from my dive shop at Sport Chalet. They are being shipped to me from their on-line warehouse which still has stock they are trying to clear out. I also picked up a Double Handled Base Tray, a Stay Slim, some Flex Arms, and a few Fiber Optic Cables. So far so good. I like the way you do the end plugs on the cable with the little allen wrench screws to swap in and out heads. I am really hoping I do not get the 4000 strobes from your defective batch, but I have time to test them out, and if they are defective I think the 2000 with filters are acceptable replacements, given the low cost.

Question 1:
Will you tell me whom to contact about getting o-ring/parts replacements kits for these strobes? Also, since I'll be using them with my Olympus PT-EP10 and Olympus PT-EP06 housings, I am looking to get two more fiber optic plug heads that have the o-rings to make it compatible with housings.

Question 2:
One last question, if I do get defective units, and end up having them replaced with the 2000 stobes, I assume I will want to hold onto the velcro head side of the fiber-optic cable to use with the 2000s? From what I could tell in a few on-line videos, it looks like that is what is used with the 2000 strobes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom