Is DWM workable for a South Coast Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nyctitans

Reaction score
I'm heading down to Cozumel at the end of December- is Dive with Martin a workable operator if I'm staying at the Occidental Grand, i.e., will I have to trek up to town every morning, or does he make resort-side pickups?
Thanks in advance for the info.

i'm at the iberostar - one resort further south, and dwm said he'd have no problem picking up here.

call him - he sounds like a nice guy.

DWM will pick up as far north as the old PLG and all hotels/resorts south of there. His shop is located at the southern cruise ship pier. Be ready early he starts picking up by 7:30am and makes his way down to the southern resorts.

When we last stayed at Occidental Grand, DWM was making regular pickups and dropoffs there. Should not be a problem.

Rich Hagelin

wetbehindtheear:
i'm at the iberostar - one resort further south, and dwm said he'd have no problem picking up here.

call him - he sounds like a nice guy.

Thanks again for the info.

What about for night dives? I thought I read somewhere that he'll only pick up from the resort if the dive party is four or more. If so, how much of a drag is it to get to his shop- the map of Cozumel only goes so far.

BTW, Rich is that a Phantom in your sig?

dbosullivan:
Thanks again for the info.

What about for night dives? I thought I read somewhere that he'll only pick up from the resort if the dive party is four or more. If so, how much of a drag is it to get to his shop- the map of Cozumel only goes so far.

BTW, Rich is that a Phantom in your sig?

I believe you are correct. We took a cab to his shop. Make sure you call and verify with them that they are definetly having a night dive. Took a cab there before and was greeted by "gee didn't you get the msg we left at your hotel that the night dive was cancelled" There was no msg on our phone or at the front desk. Anyway call before you go to make sure. The time before no problem took a cab to his shop did the dive and took a cab back to the hotel.

Here is an excellent map that everyone needs if they are a cozuholic http://www.cancunmap.com/

I agree with parrotheaddiver, make sure to call DWM ahead for the night dive and that it is still going to happen. Start planning on the boat your first day. Talk to others to arrange the group of 4. We got a group together from our hotel and took a cab together to the shop at the International Cruise Ship Pier. It was a great dive at Paraiso Reef. Lots of octos!

We too are staying at the Grand, but in Feb. Can I assume you guys are happy with "DWM". Glad to hear there is no prob with being picked up there. Are there other shops who pick up there? Thankx, John

JTB:
We too are staying at the Grand, but in Feb. Can I assume you guys are happy with "DWM". Glad to hear there is no prob with being picked up there. Are there other shops who pick up there? Thankx, John

Just about any dive shop on Cozumel can pick you up there.

We stayed at the Grand in Sept. and dove with Martin the whole time. they will definatly pick you up down there. the only times you'll have to go to the shop which is located in the shopping center at the international pier next to La Ceiba is when you check in and pay or if you want to do a night dive. the cab fare to the international pier from the grand is $17 on way so if you can try and go with someone that is headed to town and split it although headed back you'll probably have to pay the full fare.
the boat picked us up at the Grand just after 8:00am every day which is kina of nice being down that far as when we stay at La Ceiba he picks us up at 7:30 so breakfast is a rush, but he's a great op and well worth it.

nyctitans:
I'm heading down to Cozumel at the end of December- is Dive with Martin a workable operator if I'm staying at the Occidental Grand, i.e., will I have to trek up to town every morning, or does he make resort-side pickups?
Thanks in advance for the info.

Back
Top Bottom