Is diving from an inflatable possible on Florida's east coast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floridawannabe:
Thanks for the heads up. I will let you know when I am in town. How are you guys recovering on the beach side from the Hurricane? I hope everything is doing better, we went to Pensacola, FL in March and a lot of the homes and business still had repairs being done. We usually try a little diving around Indian Harbour Beach area but I am up to new places.

I've been listening to hammers pounding on my roof all week. They should have the new roof completed tomorrow. We still have a lot of blue roofs.... It's going to be a long time before they're all replaced.

Scuba_Dad:
I've been listening to hammers pounding on my roof all week. They should have the new roof completed tomorrow. We still have a lot of blue roofs.... It's going to be a long time before they're all replaced.

Sorry about the damage. My wife has a cousin that lives nears Cape Canaveral and works there. My family and myself can not wait till July. I have a high stress job and it is very relaxing to go to Florida and Scuba Dive. All except the 19 to 21 hour drive that we do every year. I just got my Diveyak this year and I plan on using it and abusing it, one for the exercise and two for the fun.

Floridawannabe:
Sorry about the damage. My wife has a cousin that lives nears Cape Canaveral and works there. My family and myself can not wait till July. I have a high stress job and it is very relaxing to go to Florida and Scuba Dive. All except the 19 to 21 hour drive that we do every year. I just got my Diveyak this year and I plan on using it and abusing it, one for the exercise and two for the fun.

Hey there, when you purchased your diveyak did you get a hooka kit with it?
I see allot of divers come down with kyacks and try to dive using a bc and etc and I
see them having trouble with all that gear. We use a hooka kit which consist of a first stage assembly and a 60 ft hose leading to the second stage. Its so much easier and
is actually safer that being the kyack will also be attached to you and wont get away.
all you need then is a weight belt and your set. Diversdirect and scubatoys.com can hook you up with one of these rigs and you'll thank yourself for it. let me know when you are coming to melbourne and ill show you some good spots. If you dont mind paddling out a mile we have some good 30ft reefs however theres nothing but sand otherwise off the beach. vero is only 23 miles south and there are some great beach dives there. Wabasso as suggested by someone is good also, however theres allot of little sharks if they bother you, they are harmless unless provoked or you are spearfishing. contact me if you are interested in getting together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom