Info Looking for recommendations in Florida East Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What LDS, Dive Center, reefs, wrecks, and dives would you recommend in the Florida East Coast?
Come dive with us in the Fort Lauderdale/Pompano area. It is what I would consider one of the 4 main locations in Florida along the east coast.

Many thanks to @tbone1004 for the mention. At Aqui Water Sports, we do indeed have good relationships with all the operators in our area and frequently run trips and training. If you are interested in Nitrox reach out. We can actually do most of it prior to arrival via Zoom so you can focus on enjoying your time exploring the reef and wrecks here.

Several dives I like here include Sea Emperor/United Caribbean/Aqua Zoo, the Lady Luck, Captain Dan, and RSB-1 if you haven't seen them before. There a couple of 'wreck treks' here that can be good.

As for reef, generally I like the 2nd/3rd reef line in areas that don't get frequented by the dive boats. I often run trips at request with a small number of people to some of those pending skill evaluations.

Other areas worth diving here are shore dives in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, and slightly further south from there.

Cheers,
Landon

Come dive with us in the Fort Lauderdale/Pompano area. It is what I would consider one of the 4 main locations in Florida along the east coast.

Many thanks to @tbone1004 for the mention. At Aqui Water Sports, we do indeed have good relationships with all the operators in our area and frequently run trips and training. If you are interested in Nitrox reach out. We can actually do most of it prior to arrival via Zoom so you can focus on enjoying your time exploring the reef and wrecks here.

Several dives I like here include Sea Emperor/United Caribbean/Aqua Zoo, the Lady Luck, Captain Dan, and RSB-1 if you haven't seen them before. There a couple of 'wreck treks' here that can be good.

As for reef, generally I like the 2nd/3rd reef line in areas that don't get frequented by the dive boats. I often run trips at request with a small number of people to some of those pending skill evaluations.

Other areas worth diving here are shore dives in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, and slightly further south from there.

Cheers,
Landon

Excellent ! -- this is SB ! a good diving community

They are one of the shark feeding operators. I don't use the charters that engage in that practice. Others who have dived with them will chime in I'm sure. I have nothing to add other than to make sure you are aware of the fact that, on some of their charters, they will bait the sharks.
thank you for the heads-up on baiting sharks

any reports on Calypso Dive Center? I could not find one on the boards/
I use them regularly for training dives. They run a nice boat and are very accommodating with students and classes.

I use them regularly for training dives. They run a nice boat and are very accommodating with students and classes.
Thank you @Tracy for the feedback

I dove with loggerhead on Saturday. At least two divers were on regular air. The crew accommodated them. The reason the boats duct want air divers is they have to wait longer for a surface interval and it delays the return. If they aren't on a strict schedule, they will wait.

Your sons don't want to get her nitrox certified because they don't understand the differences yet. Maybe look up a YouTube video explaining it. As someone mentioned, they can do it online.

The pompano dives are pretty shallow. I dove there for years and didn't use nitrox. There are also many show dive sites like Lauderdale by the Sea and Pompano. 32' at the dropoff which isa 1/2 mile swim from shore. The close to shore reefs are a MAX of 20', usually 16-18'.

Let me know if you want more information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom