Is Atomic worth the money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The_DivePirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm starting a new shop in the Central Oregon area and am looking to sell Oceanic, Zeagle, and Atomic. After looking at the prices of the Atomic line, (OUCH!!) my question is, are there regulators really worth the money? I've been diving Aqualung products so far, but a competetor has a lock on them. What are your thoughts?

After looking at the prices of the Atomic line, (OUCH!!) my question is, are there regulators really worth the money? I've been diving Aqualung products so far, but a competetor has a lock on them. What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are you're gonna be out of business pretty quick if you tell your customers "Here's an M1...seems nice but I'm not sure it's worth the money. Me personally? I dive AquaLung, which you can buy at the shop across town."

PS - you're post just DID tell approximately 100,000 potential customers exactly that!

>>am looking to sell Oceanic, Zeagle, and Atomic

I definitely think so - are worth the money (Atomics)... Zeagle is also an excellent product line to carry. You might want to investigate ScubaMax for the more price conscious crowd - nice gear at good prices. (I especially like their frameless mask)

I won't be diving Aqualung anymore, considering. And if I were concerned that all my clientel were reading this post I'd be pretty worried. I was more looking for opinions on what others that may have Atomic regs thought of their performance. But thanks for lookingout for me, I guess I won'tbe expecting you inthe shop anytime soon.

I dove Scubapro exclusively since the late 70's. My regs were getting up in age and had hundreds of dives on them so I was looking to get a new top of the line Scubapro. Went to the shop picked up the MK 25/D600 (I think) and an Atomic Z2 for a checkout dive. Took back the Scubapro. The Z2 is the best breathing regulator I've ever used. I personally don't see putting out the money for anybodies titanium line so I would stock Z2's. All the Atomics are basically the same as far as breathing specs only the material is different. Zeagle is great gear, so is Oceanic. Just my 2psi.

Good luck with your business.

But thanks for looking out for me, I guess I won't be expecting you inthe shop anytime soon.

The 3,000 mile drive seems a bit much!

:D

But seriously, Atomic makes a top-shelf product and seem to be able to command a top-shelf price. Would be a good price-point to have in addition to Zeagle and Oceanic. My LDS does well with them, and I may be going that way myself in the not-too-distant future.

I own both Oceanic and Zeagle, and have several buddies with Atomic. One thing I have noticed, is that Atomic seem to command a following that Zeagle and Oceanic dont always get, despite the price. I think those 3 lines would compliment each other nicely.

I own 2 Atomic M1's. They are great regulators, especially for cold water (which I never dive in anymore). From a dive shop owner's perspective, they aren't what they used to be. I bought mine from local dive shops in NY because they were always out of stock at Leisurepro. Take a look at Leisurepro.com right now and you'll see the M1 in stock and offered at $499, about $200 less than I paid.

I'd have a tough time finding any fault with my Atomic B2's from a technical or practical point of view: reliability, breathability, servicability (two years inbetween), and customer loyalty... Definitely worth the price.

Feel the same about Zeagle (to be fair I own both Zeagle and DiveRite).

Can't comment on Oceanic, however, I own Aeris products (rose by any other name...), and have no complaints...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom