Is Atomic worth the money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic is worth my money, best gear decision I've made.

Well, then I guess I'm in for another 5k in the hopes that my market will bear the expense. Thank you all for your input, I expected nothing less than good input from the SB locals!

Push the two year requirement for maintenance on the Atomic regs. Tell your customers how much money they will save in labor costs if they dive an Atomic reg for 6 years. Then they don't seem that expensive. Your smart customers will thank you for the advice.

BTW, nothing wrong with saying "I used to dive with Aqualung and wish I could carry that line, they are great regs, but this one is better and will cost you less in the long run."

I own 2 Atomic M1's. They are great regulators, especially for cold water (which I never dive in anymore). From a dive shop owner's perspective, they aren't what they used to be. I bought mine from local dive shops in NY because they were always out of stock at Leisurepro. Take a look at Leisurepro.com right now and you'll see the M1 in stock and offered at $499, about $200 less than I paid.
I just wish you could get it from LP with a DIN FS and with the lifetime warranty.

Considering that they don't have parts for life, I'd be interested to see someone crunch the numbers (especially for doubles) about 'saving money' with the 2 year service interval.

I have 2 ST1's, a B1, and an M1. I'd have to think long and hard to come up with something bad to say about any of them. I suspect that they'll outlive me, and probably whoever gets them when I die. However, I would say the same about my Apeks ATX 200's. Still, I'd take the Atomics over the Apeks any day of the week. So tho me, yeah, worth the money.

The B2's and SS1's we have were worth our money. Personally, I like everything in their line up.

Yes, yes they are.

the K

They're nice regs, and to many people the premium price is actually a draw, so I'm sure they'll sell. Since you're looking for opinions as to whether they're "worth the money", to me they are not, but then again, I'm extra cheap. I'm perfectly happy buying old SP regs, and honestly I don't think anything breathes better than the SP D series 2nds on any of the SP balanced piston 1st stages.

Atomic follows much of the same design as the MK25/G250 or S600, with some high tech materials and refinements. I suspect that they'll hold their value well and eventually have a cult following much like the older SP regs.

I have dove Zeagle and Atomic and I think each of these will be an easy sell - Oceanic, Zeagle, and Atomic.

I also agree with this:

BTW, nothing wrong with saying "I used to dive with Aqualung and wish I could carry that line, they are great regs, but ..."

I used to dive Mares I liked the reg it had some quirks and then choose Atomic.

Back
Top Bottom