Is anyone planning to go on a Red Sea liveaboard in the Aug-Oct 2020 timeframe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were scheduled to go in early September. We had rebooked our trip from late March. But with how things are going in the US, AND the portion of our flight that got us to Egypt and back cancelled, we decided to further postpone our trip to March 2021. :(

Looking forward to (jealously) reading updates about people's trips!

I spent the entire day yesterday reworking canceled flights, but I got it worked out. I need to make some calls today, though, because I now have an overnight layover in Dubai instead of only two hours.

Am I allowed to leave the airport to stay in a hotel? Or would I have to quarantine for two weeks?

How long is your layover?
Not sure, but It looks like you will need a negative Test for entering Dubai. However, there is The Dubai International Terminal Hotel which may allow for some good time...

How long is your layover?
Not sure, but It looks like you will need a negative Test for entering Dubai. However, there is The Dubai International Terminal Hotel which may allow for some good time...

It's now 15 hours. I have a Covid PCR test scheduled for Monday (I leave Wednesday!) here in Hawaii. Then, I figured I would schedule at the Royal Hurghada Hospital a few days before my departure.

Just today I have received both a text message and an email from Emirates reminding me that I need a negative Covid Test to fly on the airline.

Thanks for the information on the Terminal hotel. I just got home from a doctor's appointment and am planning on doing research today on my options. If there is an airport hotel inside a terminal that should, hopefully, be okay.

I’m trying to get on a 8th August trip and a 15th August trip without much luck.. most are not guaranteed and I don’t want to pay, have it cancelled due to lack of divers or cancellations and then get stuck with a credit I don’t want...

I stayed in the terminal hotel before for a layover of about the same length. It’s a great hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there.
Play it safe and smart :wink:

Quick update.
Boat operate at 50% capacity - total 13 divers including 6 taking OW. Except us, all from EU and UK.
They sanitized or bags upon arrival, check the temp at and every morning.
Have done 7 dives so far. First dive this morning was Shark and Yolanda reef. Small to moderate currents but we had down current at beginning , kot of fishes including eagles ray but no barracuda schools, great viz

Back
Top Bottom