Is Aeris Out Of The Game And Should We Just Replace Them Now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI all,

We on 4 Aeris computers. 2 Air Integrated Atmos, and 2 XR1 NX wrist computers.

I am finding the battery kits harder and harder to find and recently a HP QD hose went out and we had to swap for another brand. I fear one day we will be left with paperweights at a critical time due to no parts (like battery doors etc.). I do love using electronic downloaded dive logs too...that will dry up soon i am sure due some incompatibility. I am a touch on the conservative side when it comes to issue like this - meaning if I know the end is coming - lets all just get on the next train and get happy. But the replacements are looking to be a touch more expensive...

Just opinion shopping; would you start looking for new ones or wait till these are totally obsolete?

Thanks all!

Update, after looking further, the Sherwood wisdom is essentially the same computer. I have a spare battery hatch and the patent numbers and look are identical. I think we will make it many more years with the computers we love!

aeris is gone as a brand, but oceanic should still be able to support the computers as Pelagic pressure systems is still around. worst case, you may need to hit up an aqualung dealer for parts as the new aqualung computers are made by PPS.

Well when I called Oceanic about parts they didn't seem to know their a** from a hole in the ground. After a very long frustrating call they directed me to the entirely wrong parts. All i was looking for was a battery kit and they directed me to something that was not a battery, o-ring or kit and I gave up on the call...

Luckily I found the Sherwood wisdom has the same battery hatch. I suspect it is also made by PPS? I'l just stock and and buy some time.

It costs ten bucks just take a dollop of silicone grease and individually pack it in its own little baggie.

It costs ten bucks just take a dollop of silicone grease and individually pack it in its own little baggie.

$10 for a $1 battery and an o-ring? Ouch!

$10 for a $1 battery and an o-ring? Ouch!

Have you tried clicking on the links? Ten bucks you wish.

Back
Top Bottom