Is a God Needed for Morality?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g'night boys, and Andy, what the heck are you still up for? it's late in FL...youngster

81=9 x 9=92

I'm sure this has Biblical significance... where's my cipher?

If you don't believe in the TOS, does that make you an aTOSiest? Or maybe just a MOFer?

I missed 72 :D

I think that you need to define moral, was the Roman empire and the homosexuality that was rampant moral, or immoral?
or, was the Christian Crusades moral or immoral?
where do we now gauge morality? good person who is straight, honest with fellow man, looks after his neighbors?
answer those questions first I think. Then aks yourself if god fits with those standards that you set.
I, for one, have a beleif in Jesus Christ, and the atonement.

I believe moral is relative. If "someone" where to question mine, I feel I could motivate most of my choices, from my moral perspective. To me, actions, not words are the ultimate expression of morality. God plays no part in my morality (that I know of)...

I have trouble believing that people are knowingly, consistently immorral or evil which, short of moral relativity, is the only explanation I can think of for whole societies to consistently engage in acts that I consider immoral. The in extremis argument doesen´t hold for whole societies/cultures, IMO...

Behind every act that is considered 'evil' by a victim is a perpetrator that believes that he is 'good'.

Can we get back to answering with questions?

Tassie_Rohan:
Behind every act that is considered 'evil' by a victim is a perpetrator that believes that he is 'good'.

Can we get back to answering with questions?
Are answers hard to find, huh?

Back
Top Bottom