Is a God Needed for Morality?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi:
The tales, oral tradition, are the surviving remnants of the truth that was later written to set the record straight. It was not two brothers and a gourd. It was not a giant crocodile, winged serpent, Odin, etc.?
It wasn't? I say it was. You got any evidence that is not circular?

Oh BTW: We're still waiting for your list of non-Christian scientists that have examined the 'evidence' for evolution and called it, "The Emperors New Clothes." Any progress on that?

Green Manelishi, if you go back to your original post, all you wrote was that you found the Arawak story "interesting, especially their belief in a flood". Was that meant to imply something about the Hebrew Bible? There is certainly nothing in your own words that suggested any link between the Arawak story and the Bible. My comments about ignorance, idiocy, foolishness, and duplicity were general, and meant to apply to those who suggested that the Arawak story supported the Bible flood fable. You did not write that in your post. That you see my remarks as a personal criticism of some sort suggests a problem that may be centered between your ears, not in what I wrote.

Do you think that statements critical of religion, belief in magic, demons, devils, gods, and all that nonsense should be suppressed? Hounded out of any public exposition? Do you think that God is annoyed by them? Do you think they encourage sin and immorality? That authors of such sentiments should be silenced? Punished?

If so, that's scary stuff. Perhaps I should complain to a moderator. But then, as I wrote elsewhere, I'm not a punk so I don't do that sort of thing.

God is my copilot!

:wink:

Soggy:
That's funny. We are one of the few animals that behave in such a way. Most animals develop a natural balance with their environment...we tend to conquer and rape the environment.

Survival of the fittest? Surprised we made it this far if that holds true. :D

H2Andy:
God is my copilot!

:wink:

(Hmmmm..... but he doesn't believe God exists....so he must be a solo-driver - I hope he uses redundant gas tanks and has enough spare-wheels.....:auto: )

Thalassamania:
It wasn't? I say it was. You got any evidence that is not circular?

Oh BTW: We're still waiting for your list of non-Christian scientists that have examined the 'evidence' for evolution and called it, "The Emperors New Clothes." Any progress on that?

"The observation that species are amazingly conservative and static entities throughout long periods of time has all the qualities of the emperors' new clothes: everyone knew it but preferred to ignore it. Paleontologists, faced with a recalcitrant record obstinately refusing to yield Darwin's predicted pattern, simply looked the other way" - Eldredge and Tattersall, The Myths of Human Evolution, 1982, p 45-46

Back
Top Bottom