Is a flow restictor required when fitting Ratio Transmitter to HP Port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The c370 was the other bit. Nothing else. Looks like someone decided to include it on a whim. That said the cardboard box while a Scubapro branded box appeared to be either recycled spare box lying around because it had a white tape with handwritten note “converted to DIN”… not sure if the piece I got was originally yoke but it looks fresh and as DIN as a DIN can be…

Somebody at the place you bought your regulator kit is looking for their missing HP spool now. Probably somebody is getting fired for shortage in inventory. They are going to lose their livelyhood and probably end up homeless on a street corner begging for food and eventually turning into criminal life stealing HP hoses with gauges from tourist divers.

Somebody at the place you bought your regulator kit is looking for their missing HP spool now. Probably somebody is getting fired for shortage in inventory. They are going to lose their livelyhood and probably end up homeless on a street corner begging for food and eventually turning into criminal life stealing HP hoses with gauges from tourist divers.
True. But only SP charge $325 for a spool :wink:

True. But only SP charge $325 for a spool :wink:

That's a one year's salary for a third world country. How cruel!!!!

Interesting, I just received an MK19/G260 but no restrictor. I don't know why they would include the restrictor with a regulator. Can you send a picture of the restrictor and the pouch it came in (perhaps with a part number) please?
My Mk19/G260 did not come with it either

That's a one year's salary for a third world country. How cruel!!!!

When you’re on a trip in a remote place and you’re missing a spool, it’s amazing how valuable they are!

Most people are unaware of them until their new SPG that they just connected starts to hiss loudly.

When you’re on a trip in a remote place and you’re missing a spool, it’s amazing how valuable they are!

Most people are unaware of them until their new SPG that they just connected starts to hiss loudly.
I carry an assortment with me on dive trips.
It is not costly to be a hero.

A spool is required for a connection that swivels (like a hose). The flow restrictor is required by some manufacturers like SUUNTO and Garmin betwen the 1st stage and the transmitter.
The swivel for the Apeks SPG has a flange in the centre (green left). To the right are the two spools supplied by Sunnto for the tank pod for direct threading into the 1st stage (shorter) and with the longer one for use with a short HP hose. The black left one is longer by a few mm and came with my Scubapro 1st stage. The difference in lengths and build makes me thing they are not interchangeable but device specific? I wonder which device the Scubapro spool is intended for?
B5CF02BC-DAA0-49CE-A2F8-C06F866F5347.jpeg

The black one might just be a standard spool that is used for most things connected to a HP hose. It looks like the one I ended up installing on the swivel hose with the Ratio.

Perhaps the Sunto has a shorter well in it than most devices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom