Is a flow restictor required when fitting Ratio Transmitter to HP Port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puppeteer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Do I need to buy and fit a flow restrictor to the Ratio AI transmitter when screwing directly into the HP port (ie with no hose), or screw it in as it comes in the box?

Do I need to buy and fit a flow restrictor to the Ratio AI transmitter when screwing directly into the HP port (ie with no hose), or screw it in as it comes in the box?

No, as is it comes in the box.

It is a wonderful thing :)

My Sunnto tank pod also came with a flow restrictor and so did my new Scubapro 1st stage for some reason (as a spare I am guessing). So did my pressure gauge have it bundled.

Q - Why exactly is a flow restrictor required?

It's to prevent blowing the transmitter as high pressure is applied when opening a tank. It was first included as as a free "upgrade" kit by SUUNTO a few years ago.

The little spool/spindle/flow-restrictor is essential to get swivel action between an HP hose and an SPG. Since a transmitter does not need to swivel, it does not need the device.

No, as is it comes in the box.

It is a wonderful thing :)
Thanks Boltsnap. I was hoping you would.chime in. You seem to know all things Ratio.

I'm looking forward to diving with the Ratio. A bit of an upgrade from my old Uwatec's. A backlight and nitrox will be welcome additions, and the sale that is now on sealed the deal.

Less than $1000 AUD for the Deep, transmitter and delivery to Australia. Nothing else comes close in terms of bang for the buck.

Thanks Boltsnap. I was hoping you would.chime in. You seem to know all things Ratio.

I'm looking forward to diving with the Ratio. A bit of an upgrade from my old Uwatec's. A backlight and nitrox will be welcome additions, and the sale that is now on sealed the deal.

Less than $1000 AUD for the Deep, transmitter and delivery to Australia. Nothing else comes close in terms of bang for the buck.

You are most welcome!

That is unique to Suunto not the other brands.

What do you mean?

Do you mean the swivel spool?

Well my new MK19Evo came bundled with a spare flow restrictor in a little plastic pouch. I didn’t get any with the other MK25Evo I purchased.

The SPG swivel spool is still a flow restrictor correct?

I ended up puting it on a short hose with a spool, as there wasn't enough clearance from the LP hoses on my Apeks turret.

I have some other first stages that I may swap to in the future that have more clearance, but that's it for now.

I'll post back my experience after I've done a dive with it.

Back
Top Bottom