Irukandji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Discovery channel is airing a documentary on the Box jelly fish aka Irukandji right now called Killer Jellyfish.

See what happens when a disconnected tentacle brushes your hand. Even though they IMMEDIATELY douse her with vinegar, she stills spends a week or two in the hospital on a morphine sulfate ride.

Chironex fleckeri (a cousin) has the deadliest venom known on the planet.

Not a pair of critters I'm interested in spending any time with (unless their just on the discovery channel)

That is one deadly SOB. Could you imagine being in that much pain for two weeks. Here is a link to web site that explains some recent discoveries.

Irukandji Jellyfish

Anyone happen to tivo it? Doesn't look like they are replaying it and I missed it!

It doesn't look like it will re-air this month. I missed the first 20min of it so I have my tivo box on the look out. One thing I did not like is that they have had sightings in the gulf near Florida. Hopefully the cold water we had this year either ran them back to Australia or killed them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom