Irene forms in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmmm powering up huh? Orange dot on T&Cs and red dot on Bahamas. Batten down there folks. Glad it's not interested in the Yucatan this week.

they canceled my daughters flight out of st. thomas last night@ 4:45
left them stranded over night with no flights out until wed.
no power and no place to go
finally got a ferry back to st. johns this afternoon and back to their condo until wed.
...if youre gonna be stuck...
be happy its someplace warm!!!!!!!
it's all part of an adventure

good luck down south y'all
yaeg

Well, I woke up to an orange dot on my house. Got to work I had a red dot. But now it looks like she'll miss us as I had hoped. Only thing, I don't know if she'll miss the Carolinas. So..I am dancing with less enthusiam.

well.. our ship is a tied off as can be. Wind is picking up. We can make our own electricity, hopefully our internet holds up.

NOAAs looping satellite image shows a good bit of air movement going south-southeast out of the US. Hopefully it will push Irene out into the Atlantic.

It better... my sidemount class is this weekend...! Who do I complain to about this?

Oops - purple dot. Wow she did build. Who pissed of Irene? Good luck friends.

We had some 60+ MPH sustained winds here. A few strong gusts, and quite a bit of rain. It seemed like we had around a +2' storm surge. Luckily the majority of the storm was on a relatively low tide.

Crap! I have friends aboard Blackbeard this week. Any one know what Backward's does in these conditions?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom