IRDA for Windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not trying to hijack, but a quick detour - does anyone know of an inexpensive Irda dongle still available? It seems like they're outdated enough to demand "vintage" pricing now. $60 is entirely too much to interest me, and plenty are going for $200+
This is what I use.
IRDA USB

Hi, comrades divers!

I have bought a brand new Galileo Sol and already feel the pain with it.
I have old Polar grey irda dongle that can not recognized as infrared device. Windows 10 recognize it as Another devices => STIr42xx. I can not install any drivers(because I can not find it)

After few hours of trying, I decided to set Virtual Machine via Oracle Virtual Box and install Windows 8.1 on it (because on Scubapro site I found only drivers for Windows 8(I am not sure it compatible with the Windows 8.1)). As a result - I can not see the irda device in the device manager of Win 8.1 at all, but not unrecognized devices are also not present, so I think it has been installed(maybe, probably).
Another problem -
upload_2020-10-24_8-45-35.png
. There are no info how to connect device to computer.

1) Should I turn on irda on the Galileo Sol(and how I can do it)?
2) How to initiate connection it the desktop application(what icon I need to click)?

If you have any work drivers for any operation system(Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1, 10) I will be very thankful for it.

Thank you in advance and hope for the asnwer!

PS sorry for my English

I have installed drivers for IR dongle only on Windows XP and can run Galileoconfig app only(It for the FW update), but can not use SmartTrack due to not supporting Windows XP/ It is really painful process and I stil can not personalize dive comp, use HR monitor...

I bought it back in January 2017. Its not available on amazon right now. I paid 49.98. Maybe not so cheap.
Gearmo IR778 USB Smart Infrared Device for UWATEC Dive Computer Works on Windows and MAC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom