IQ Sub Needle MAV.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ordering the flow meter here in a minute. I'm not afraid to turn it down with the stock spring to get some resolution. I have a hard floor of 200 anywhere I would dive

Hi, did you try it?
Any feedback?
I'm using a Kiss orifice and I'm thinking to switch to a needle valve but I haven't the opportunity to test it.

How many times you have to adjust it during the dive?
Once you turn the needle do you get a fast feedback on the flow?

Blanked reg?

Thanknyou in advance

Hi, did you try it?
Any feedback?
I'm using a Kiss orifice and I'm thinking to switch to a needle valve but I haven't the opportunity to test it.

How many times you have to adjust it during the dive?
Once you turn the needle do you get a fast feedback on the flow?

Blanked reg?

Thanknyou in advance

Works fine. I pretty much just open it a full turn and it works for me. I've looked at the ppo2 decay rate over several dive logs to see if I could fiddle more. It's not necessarily fast feed back but a watching eye would spot any adjustments needed to be made pretty quickly. I have mine set so it never can be closed all the way. Not that the all the way in setting is particularly useful for diving but it does leaked just a little.

I did not know that the minimum valve opening could be adjusted. You have the IQSub one. Are there instructions? Even if the actual needle valve is Swagelok.

I was reading that someone uses it with an unblocked regulator.

I have mine set so it never can be closed all the way. Not that the all the way in setting is particularly useful for diving but it does leaked just a little.

Maybe on a deep rapid descent like a wreck.

No instructions. I gather you might want to feel confident in how it functions and it's abilities prior to employing it on a big dive. Ie start small.

No instructions. I gather you might want to feel confident in how it functions and it's abilities prior to employing it on a big dive. Ie start small.

Yes of course, several hours in shallow water to test it.
its' incredible I read many comments on the net but among divers i know nobody used it.
Just a last question: how do you set the minimum flow?

Thank you in advance

Works fine. I pretty much just open it a full turn and it works for me. I've looked at the ppo2 decay rate over several dive logs to see if I could fiddle more. It's not necessarily fast feed back but a watching eye would spot any adjustments needed to be made pretty quickly. I have mine set so it never can be closed all the way. Not that the all the way in setting is particularly useful for diving but it does leaked just a little.
You dont want it to close all the way as an on-off valve. The pin will damage the seat if you try to screw it closed closed. Down to 0.2lpm is fine

Back
Top Bottom