IQ Sub Needle MAV.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

211ratsbud

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone used this in the wild? I just ordered one, but they're backordered. Hoping to see that I'm not the first 😂.

They're pretty reasonably priced.

Fitted. Had a leak initially but solved it.

Test dive this weekend hopefully

20230510_191831.jpg
20230510_222540.jpg

Looks good!

Where did you order the needle valve MAV from?

@oceance I sell SG in my store.
Oh go on, please give us a link! Assuming this is a manual add valve with a needle orifice that you can adjust the flow whilst diving? What's it like in action?

Oh go on, please give us a link! Assuming this is a manual add valve with a needle orifice that you can adjust the flow whilst diving? What's it like in action?

Haven't dived it yet. The whole project has yet to be dived. Just grabbed the new 4 port Dil Mav too. I'll use the extra live ports to run a slide check on the adv and bailout regulator.

I'm sure the needle mav is nothing new and just like fathom version and the UK/European versions that have been around for a while.

Static IP @ 200.

The unit is a Meg can, tecme head to my specs, 4 pin petrel 3, isolation board and so on.

This implies a fixed IP, a blanked off regulator. 200 psi ~= 13 bar/ATA

There's a limit where the fixed IP regulator will stop working, something around 2 bar/ATA the flow reduces. Link to Paul Raymaeker's article

This implies a fixed IP, a blanked off regulator. 200 psi ~= 13 bar/ATA

There's a limit where the fixed IP regulator will stop working, something around 2 bar/ATA the flow reduces. Link to Paul Raymaeker's article
Yea I understand that. Here where I dive, and at the depths I'm diving there's plenty of head room.

A few more of the head.

20230411_175452.jpg20230411_183313.jpg20230411_175102.jpg

Haven't dived it yet. The whole project has yet to be dived. Just grabbed the new 4 port Dil Mav too. I'll use the extra live ports to run a slide check on the adv and bailout regulator.

I'm sure the needle mav is nothing new and just like fathom version and the UK/European versions that have been around for a while.

Static IP @ 200.

The unit is a Meg can, tecme head to my specs, 4 pin petrel 3, isolation board and so on.

Have you checked the flow at 200psi IP? How much diddling on the needle moves from say 0.5 lpm up to 1.1 lmp? On my fathom needle valve (swaglock innards) at 200 IP that's like 40-50% of a rotation - which makes fine tuning in the water with dry gloves and numb fingers a bit of a guessing game.

Have you checked the flow at 200psi IP? How much diddling on the needle moves from say 0.5 lpm up to 1.1 lmp? On my fathom needle valve (swaglock innards) at 200 IP that's like 40-50% of a rotation - which makes fine tuning in the water with dry gloves and numb fingers a bit of a guessing game.
Ordering the flow meter here in a minute. I'm not afraid to turn it down with the stock spring to get some resolution. I have a hard floor of 200 anywhere I would dive

I'm pretty sure they use the same swagelok ss-1/2 as everyone else. except.. the seat is different.

20230510_201418.jpg
20230510_213913.jpg

Back
Top Bottom