Inverted pony hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So slinging makes more sense cause it is so much more streamlined? Or cause you like a big ol fat dangly? I don't see the advantage of slinging if you are using a pony for the sole purpose of being a last resort for air.

While it may be a dangly, it is one that can easily be untangled by it's owner. This is not the case with a rear mounted pony. It also has all the benefits that I described in my previous post.

AlHolbert:
Those of you who dive with your pony bottles upside down: how do you route your reg and SPG? Seems to me the reg would be coming up at an odd angle, making it somewhat difficult to hold in your mouth. Thinking of trying it myself, but want some ideas on logistics. Thanks.
May I ask why would you want to rig it upside down? Wouldnt it be easier to rig it like a stage and have it on your left side attached to your chest d ring and your hip d ring, then you can crack it open if needed, and route the hose behind your head to come to your mouth via the right hand side of your head like your primary.
Put the gauge on a 6 inch HP hose and use a piece of bungee around the first stage that you can slip the gauge into and position it so you can read it by glancing to your left.
Just food for thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom