Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More newbie questions!... How did you all go about getting plane tickets? Did you wait til closer to the trip to buy? Fly to Cancun? Go through online ticket retailers?.. just stuff I am looking into to figure out if I can work this trip into my budget :) thanks again btw!

Much love to my megadive peeps :) :) and I too hope this works out!!

We got our tickets in January, thankfully before prices suddenly shot up. We started looking as soon as we were seriously considering going. You will get wildl variances in prices depending on where you depart, land, connections, time of day, color of IT managers shirt, etc..

I did the puddle jumper fron Cancun to Coz last year. Only $69.00. Well worth it.

Tell me more! Where did you hook up with the puddle jumper? Right there at the main airport? I like the price!

It leaves the main airport in Cancun. MayAir.com. I just checked for 6-30-12 and the price is $49.00. The plane leaves at several times during the day-1000, 1300, 1600, 1900, and 2030. 20 minute flight!
I booked online with MayAir.

Last edited:
It leaves the main airport in Cancun. MayAir.com. I just checked for 6-30-12 and the price is $49.00. The plane leaves at several times during the day-1000, 1300, 1600, 1900, and 2030. 20 minute flight!

That's a good deal. I just checked Kayak.com for airfare. ATL to COZ is $632. ATL to Cancun is $325. The $49.00 x 2 still makes it a better deal than the direct flight.

Leann,

I see MayAir allows only 44# per person, did that include your purse and carry on?

How hard is it to catch the ferry across from Cancun to Coz. Do they have a shuttle from the airport to the dock and a frequent schedule?

Anyone?

How hard is it to catch the ferry across from Cancun to Coz. Do they have a shuttle from the airport to the dock and a frequent schedule?

Anyone?

And, is it terribly difficult to POP from Cancun to Coz? Seems airfare is significantly cheaper to Cancun...QUOTE]

I did the Bag Drag for the first time last year and it did happen to be for this event. It was pretty simple. It does take time, so plan on spending your day travelling. Pick up your luggage and head out of the Cancun Airport, pass by the people trying to stop you to give you a ride or sell you a condo. When you get outside of the airport, look to your right, you will see the ADO Buses, you want one to take you to the Ferry at Playa Del Carmen, it is a 45-60 minute ride, the bus station at Playa is about 2 blocks from the Ferry terminal, get your ticket and stand in line. The ticket booth was before the ferry terminal, but was easy to spot. The ferry runs almost every hour, except for what appeared to be a siesta break in the afternoon. You should be able to find a ferry schedule online. The ferry ride was aprox 45 minutes and they serve beer. When you get to Cozumel, they will unload your luggage, it will be in an unorganized pile, and will start to get bags to the people they belong to, grab your bag and grab a taxi to Hotel Cozumel. There should be more experienced people on this board to clarify anything that I have said that is incorrect, like I said, I have only done this once. The one way bus ticket was aprox $15-20, I believe ferry was around the same.

Thanks, MNJoe. If the bus ride is $20 and the ferry is $20, then I think I'd save myself a lot of time and hassle by taking MayAir, but the 44# limit could be a problem.

All options are up for consideration. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom