Introducing the Liquivision Xen & Xeo!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, the Predator is an excellent product (as all Shearwater products are), and I highly encourage you to visit their booth at Boot. I do not know whether Liquivision will be at Boot this year or not... or whether one of our dealers will be instead.

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

Hi Doug,

Colors, reflection, size, ceramic pressure sensor, all very good arguments. I also understand that being a small company in a niche market segment doesn't allow for a dense worldwide dealership if you don't want to partner with Starbucks...

But here is a potential customer who didn't say that your product was too expensive for him, just that it was really really expensive. Who said that especially your unique tap interface needed some personal testing and who didn't want to blindly spend a thousand dollars.

You tell me how good your service (and your product) is, but go figure out yourself where to find my product.

Not exactly what I expect from a Marketing and Sales manager - no offense.

Hi Doug,

Colors, reflection, size, ceramic pressure sensor, all very good arguments. I also understand that being a small company in a niche market segment doesn't allow for a dense worldwide dealership if you don't want to partner with Starbucks...

But here is a potential customer who didn't say that your product was too expensive for him, just that it was really really expensive. Who said that especially your unique tap interface needed some personal testing and who didn't want to blindly spend a thousand dollars.

You tell me how good your service (and your product) is, but go figure out yourself where to find my product.

Not exactly what I expect from a Marketing and Sales manager - no offense.

Unfortunately, we're not in the position of being able to send out demo-units to every customer who would like to try one before they purchase it. If this is a requirement for the customer, my recommendation is to talk to your local dive shop and have them get in contact with us, or purchase a Shearwater from a dealer who will allow you to do the same with their products in your area.

-Doug

Christian Mueller will be showing two Xen units at BOOT. We were unfortunately only able to give him beta units, so the tap interface is not nearly as accurate as the production units, but you should still be able to get a good idea of the size and functionality of the units.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Christian Mueller will be showing two Xen units at BOOT. We were unfortunately only able to give him beta units, so the tap interface is not nearly as accurate as the production units, but you should still be able to get a good idea of the size and functionality of the units.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Thanks, Eric, finally I feel treated like a potential customer. Jan1960 will also be pleased I guess, see his frustration a few posts earlier. I'll check it out.

Mind you he's a good dealer to deal with. If someone 3500km away wants to play look & see, or take one for a try dive, he sends them a unit to play with.
overhere there is no dealer who will send it to you by post for a trydive...so i have to make my ride, have a look and feel and then buy it or leave it.

Thanks, Eric, finally I feel treated like a potential customer. Jan1960 will also be pleased I guess, see his frustration a few posts earlier. I'll check it out.

@ liquivision.
I understand why you wont get to Europe, but just say it and dont ignore the question....you ignore a costumer.

Why do you use 2 sensors in the X1 and only one in the XEO?
You use good arguments why 2 sensors so why not also in the XEO

The size of the display isnt such a big deal for me, in fact i prefer i bit larger because iam over 50 :shocked2:

Is there a good chance that you will equip the NEO also with VPM?

About the prices...give a good talk to your dealers, on this moment the price difference between USDollar, Canadian Dollar and Euro gives just one winner.
950 Euro for a Predator and 1250 Euro for an X1...that`s a difference of 400 dollar

@ liquivision.
I understand why you wont get to Europe, but just say it and dont ignore the question....you ignore a costumer.

Why do you use 2 sensors in the X1 and only one in the XEO?
You use good arguments why 2 sensors so why not also in the XEO

The size of the display isnt such a big deal for me, in fact i prefer i bit larger because iam over 50 :shocked2:

Is there a good chance that you will equip the NEO also with VPM?

About the prices...give a good talk to your dealers, on this moment the price difference between USDollar, Canadian Dollar and Euro gives just one winner.
950 Euro for a Predator and 1250 Euro for an X1...that`s a difference of 400 dollar

The X1 is our premium product, and therefore has some features the Xen and Xeo do not, including two pressure sensors. A single pressure sensor puts the Xen and Xeo on par with almost every other gauge on the market, yet having it be a ceramic one dramatically increases reliability.

Size of the display isn't nearly as important as size of the font ON the display and the contrast of that font against the background. Commonly, OLED computers with large displays still do not have as large a font as we use which, despite their physical display being "larger," means there is just more wasted space and that our displays are more readable. Our displays were designed for the 50+ user's ease of reading.

We're still undecided on whether we will offer VPM for the Xeo or not yet. There are many things which must be worked out first, but it is something we would like to offer if we can. For now, it will only include the Buhlmann-GF.

Thank you for your feedback on pricing.

-Doug

I can testify, from having used the X1 and played with the Xen in my kitchen, that the readability of the Xen is at least as good (and probably better) than the X1, especially if you play with the colors for maximum contrast. It may be a smaller screen than the Predator (I don't know, having never seen one) but the numbers are BIG! (Says Lynne, whose old eyes were the primary motivating factor in spending megabucks on the X1 in the first place . . . )

Seems that I realy need to see the X1 and or NEO.
Yes indeed it isnt the size of the display which i need but the contrast
In fact, i need glasses for long distance but for short distance i dont need glasses, so my mask is equiped on the upside with long distance glasses and below normal glasses..... i can use only the lower part of my mask for reading.

The X1 could be a good / best sollution for me, howver i dont like the idea of the accu instead of batteries.

Question: if the accu is broken, you cant recharge it anymore....can liquivision replace it?

The contrast is fabulous on both, but I have to say that the ability to use color to highlight makes the Xen even MORE instantly readable.

I know the original battery on the X1 wasn't replaceable, but I have this vague recollection that they now are replaceable by the factory. I haven't heard of anybody having a battery fail. There was a problem with the pressure sensors, before they went to the ceramic ones, and I think there are a few people out there who have had screen problems. But I haven't heard of any battery failures, and of the four X1s we've had in our family, none has had any battery issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom