Introducing the Liquivision Xen & Xeo!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! Thanks for that really thorough response. I would be interested to know the output, because I have heard anecdotally that the light output is enough to facilitate exit of a cave when all other lights fail--as a last resort light.

I have to admit, at first i was so-so on the idea of an expensive BT only, but the more i weigh the pros and cons, the more this unit seems worth the extra 150. Now, to find that extra 150 :)

It's all a matter of what you want... an older sedan will get you from one place to another, but it's a whole lot more fun in a new sporty convertible.

The Xen does everything a bottom-timer diver wants, and nothing it doesn't - you don't take this gauge out of the box and immediately deactivate most of it's functionality by putting it in gauge mode. It's designed FOR the gauge-diver, by the gauge-diver. The Xeo, our new air/nitrox/trimix computer, will serve those who wish to dive with a computer to calculate their decompression obligation (or NDL time for recreational dives).

TSandM can speak to her experience exiting a cave by the light of an X1 (on a drill). I've not done it, but have heard others with similar experiences. You're not going to see "much," but from what I understand you can see the line and can see structures you're swimming up toward enough to navigate around them. Again, we would obviously never say it's a substitute for proper back-up lights, but yes... we have had people exit caves during "no-light" drills using our OLED display on the X1 as a guide. I suspect the Xen/Xeo units will provide even a slight bit more output, especially if put in a bright color.

-Doug
Liquivision Sales & Marketing Manager

I got to dive the Xen yesterday -- Thank you Doug -- and had on my wrists an X1 (mine), Vytec (mine) and the Xen (Doug's).

OK -- It did exactly what I expected it to do -- that is, give me a very readable/legible (to these old eyes) screen with the important information (Depth/Time) highlighted. (Note -- Doug had set up the colors for me in the colors of my alma mater! so I won't comment on their appropriateness.) A mere glance and I had the information -- no waiting for my eyes to really focus (like is needed for the Vytec) and, of course, no need to shine the light on it (like is needed for the Vytec -- hey, this is Puget Sound in December and we "ain't got no daylight").

Now to compare it to my X1 -- well, it IS prettier (colors and all) but I will say the X1 certainly holds its own as far as readability/legibility is concerned! So I probably won't be ditching my X1 so that I can have a Xen (unless "someone" wants me to demo one for a while!!!) but if I didn't have an X1, I'd get a Xen in a heartbeat (or maybe, perhaps, the Xeo!).

2 xen's for the caves seems like a good way to celebrate the holidays. Just wish they came a couple weeks early so we could use them on our Jan 24-30 cave trip!

My Full Cave instructor asked me why I didn't have my hand out in front of me during our forty-eight minute lights-out exit. I told him I didn't, because I could see the rocks coming. I don't think it would be enough light to find the line, if you lost it (but I haven't tried that) and it certainly wouldn't be much in lower viz, but in crystal clear water, it's really pretty amazing how sensitive your eyes get in that darkness.

I got to dive the Xen yesterday -- Thank you Doug -- and had on my wrists an X1 (mine), Vytec (mine) and the Xen (Doug's).

Peter (or anyone that knows), is it easy to reset the stopwatch once it is turned on? I really like how quick I can reset the timer on timed ascents, descents, deco stops etc, and I dont really have any experience with the liquivision stuff. I didnt see the reset function demoed on the video reviews, so I am just curious how quickly and precisely that is achieved without a button.

Thanks!

Questions for the L team.
Do you come to BOOT in Dusseldorf Germany end january 2011, the european DEMA.
Why is the XEO with Buhlmann standard and not as that the user can chooce between Buhlmann and VPM.

Yes i am not a costumer due to the fact that the X1 doenst have a baterie which i can replace, and now i have to chooce for an XEO with no VPM.

Can i have both...VPM and batterie?

jan

Re a stopwatch function -- Don't know. Doug?

Re Buhlman vs. VPM -- a programming decision and one I wish had been able to go differently.

Re a stopwatch function -- Don't know. Doug?

Re Buhlman vs. VPM -- a programming decision and one I wish had been able to go differently.

We're still sorting out the software and whether there will be 3rd party software available or not. We also could potentially offer multiple algorithms in the future as well, stock on the unit. For now, the algorithm will be Buhlmann with Gradient Factors. If enough people want a certain algorithm, we'd love to accommodate that. In the meantime, the X1 continues to be our premium product which offers V-Planner Live presently.

On the stopwatch, it is very easy to operate - purposefully so. First, the stopwatch function doesn't have to be shown on the screen unless you want it there. Once you activate the "stopwatch mode," it will show large 0's with the total bottom time smaller below it (about 50% original size). Starting and stopping the stopwatch is very easy and fast, and can be done with a bit of muscle memory once you do it a couple times. Resetting the stopwatch is just as easy which, in fact, can be done without stopping it... so when you simply select to reset the stopwatch, it continues counting but goes back to zero. This way, the user doesn't have to stop-reset-start again to zero-out the stopwatch... simply, just do the reset and continue your dive. Once done with the stopwatch, you can remove it from the screen and bottom time will again be 100% of original size.

The Xen was designed to be simple and intuitive. We believe your gear should add to the experience, increasing your enjoyment of your dive. Having to deal with complicated or confusing gauges/computers can be frustrating. Just today, GUE instructor Guy Shockey took a Xen bottom timer for a spin, and in about 10 minutes he was proficient with about 1 minute of minimal guidance. Upon surfacing, he had a big smile on his face asking when he could get one of his own.

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

Does Liquivision come to Europe end of january to BOOT?

Does fit the algorithm of the XEO with the overhere common used software of GAP?
Which other gasplanning software fits with the XEO?

The X1 have two pressure sensors for a good reason, how about the XEO? as far as i can see you dont mention 2 sensors so there will be just one...why?

At this moment iam an Galileo Sol User which have a longt time of waiting for trimix update :-(
So iam looking for a new computer, at the end i have to decide for either the predator or the X1.
The X1 did have the best software sollution for me, however i didnt like the idea of recharble bat which i cant replace. So i was really happy to see the XEO.
So please yes deliver the XEO with Multi Deco

compliments that you give such a fast reply and feedback.

Back
Top Bottom