Intro to Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennyscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My fiancee just got certified in Belize and now we want to do some local diving before the next warm water trip. I have some Monterey experience (did my check out dives plus some extras) but not enough where I figure a proper DM would make more sense for her first experience to the cold...

Any recs on who to dive with for a simple weekend dive...

Thanks,

bg

um anyone of the shops in monterey have DM's that you can have take you on a dive!....personally Monterey Bay Dive Center has never let me down they have pretty good service!! the offer a guided dive for 2 people at your choice of location for 99$ which really isnt a bad price!! you might be able to find it cheaper else where but your not going to be able to pick your location i believe!!....also check with your local dive shop because if the have a class the weekend you go down you can have a DM from there shop guide you and it would prob be cheaper!! hope this helps!!! Happy Bubbles!
Cheers!

you could just come out with some of us. there is a few of us that regularly go out to monterey. This sunday is one of those days!

Thanks...I've been reading some posts noticing the weather has been pretty rough. Is that typical for Monterey in winter? I've only gone down in the summer when it was pretty calm...

bg

I dove on 1/5/09 at Lovers, and the Breakwater with excellent calm conditions. My dive buddy commented that the vis was better than any of his recent dives over the holiday.

Lovers had better vis than "the pipe" which is the west end of San Carlos Beach. Lovers was also our first dive so that could be the explanation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom