Intova IC- 12 Camera Manual settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Malachy,

Yes, if you are in sports mode you will not be able to change any of the settings as all of its parameters are permanently preset including the white balance. The anti-shake mode does give you a little more flexibility with its settings and will allow you to adjust the white balance settings as you see fit. As for the camera's auto focus option I would highly recommend using it for every shot possible. From personal experience the tracking feature is very nice but I prefer the simplicity and results from the auto focus. The auto focus works wonders with any pre set mode making sure the object of capture is in focus as well as clean and crisp.

Best regards,
Intova

Hi Intova Joe,
my results with the camera are improving , and especially now that I have done an underwater photography course . I find the white balance feature very useful especially in shallower depths where the ambient light can still be a major factor.
I have a question regarding the Macro focus feature though. I have tried using this above water and cannot see what difference it makes. Can you offer any advice or guidance as perhaps I am using it in a stupid way . Have to say your camera packs a big punch for its size .
Best,
Mal.

Hi Mal,

Glad you are having fun!! Photography is proven to increase dive frequency and overall enjoyment and you are a good example. For the macro settings, they are automatic at both ranges of the zoom. Your subject must be within the preset distances however, for this feature to work. Typically, you should use wide angle setting underwater. Experiment with macro though and see if there are instances when the telephoto setting work better. To use:
1) Set camera to the widest angle of the zoom or the greatest telephoto. Must be all the way at end of scale-either way.
2) Position camera so it is proper distance from subject-remember this distance is from front of lens, not camera body.
a) Wide angle distance: 0.2 meters or 7.9 inches = distance of closest focus
b) telephoto distance: 0.6 meters or 23.6 inches = distance of closest focus
3) Take photo-try to use prefocus for best results

Regards,

Joe Ganahl

I just got my IC12 and after taking pictures with the u/w housing with the flash, I get a dark shadow in the bottom left corner of my pictures. Does anyone have a quick fix for this? I'll be leaving in a few days for a dive vacation. I may return the camera if I can't get a fix for this before I leave :depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom