Intova 3W LED Dive Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Henrik.

Is there a way to tell if it's glued or not? according to D_B
"I think the way to tell the difference would be the small "keyring" used to attach the lanyard on the older model"

Mines look like an end of a typical pencil (eraser part), with a hole through it. It came with a lanyard (rope) with rubber (I'm guessing its for the extra grip when you wear it to prevent from dropping).

Also, would it be a bad idea to heat it up (with hot water?).

Thanks.

That eraser end with the hole in it that your lanyard is threaded through, has on both of mine that have removable heads, a small 10mm ring in it and the lanyard is attached to the ring

That's what I meant by "your" lanyard being attached to the eraser end .. Yours is without a ring

Look closely, that pic does not have a ring , and a different lanyard than mine... On my light you can plainly see from the side that it has a 10mm split ring through the eraser end that sticks up from the but end and has the lanyard attached to it ..
Does your lanyard have a larger diameter cord, with tubing around it and a cord lock on it?
Like this one ... Intova Waterproof Aluminum LED Torch Flashlight Intova Waterproof Torch

Yes that is the one, or at least it's very close to mines. I'm guessing this is the newer version.

Would it help if I heat it up with hot water to melt the glue (if that's even possible..)?

Hmmm, my lanyards look just like that one on both of mine , but is attached to a ring and the head of the light unscrews

I don't get the 8 hour burn time.

The lithium batteries that come with the Intova light are 1400mah non rechargeable.
The light draws 0.5 amp (500ma)
So the light should only burn for just under 3hours not 8 hours.

So how long will this light burn with 900mah rechargeable batteries.
My calculations figure it at about 90 minutes, but if Intova says they can get 8 hours from the standard battery I should expect about 4 hours burn time.

So how long will this light really last using 900mah rechargeable batteries?

I don't know what kind of control board Intova has in the light, but many LED controllers will maintain full light output (or close to it) for awhile and then, when the batteries reach a certain stage of discharge, dial the light down considerably for a much longer runtime on the remaining power.

Some advertise this as a safety feature, that after the light goes off full power, it won't go completely dead, but will continue to put out *some* light for awhile.

Henrik

I don't know what kind of control board Intova has in the light, but many LED controllers will maintain full light output (or close to it) for awhile and then, when the batteries reach a certain stage of discharge, dial the light down considerably for a much longer runtime on the remaining power.

Some advertise this as a safety feature, that after the light goes off full power, it won't go completely dead, but will continue to put out *some* light for awhile.

Henrik
I like that idea in concept since having your light all of a sudden blink off with no warning sucks. Rechargeable batteries like to do this. But I would prefer getting a performance curve closer to that of an alkaline battery. At least that way into dive number two or three the light would still be putting out. It would be nice to see a performance curve on the light.

I still think it would make a good back up light but I'm not sure about using it for a primary on multiple dives.

I think you're on your own wrt. a light output curve. Although, I've contacted Intova and they were very prompt in replying and forthcoming with answers. Worth a shot.

Henrik

Back
Top Bottom