intergrated air computer and guages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bug

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am about to purchase the Uwatec Air Z Nitrox with the hoseless air intergration I am also looking into getting the MK25/S600 regulator. Now the question is, should I buy guages too? Do I need a backup set of Pressure and depth guages? Whatdoes everybody else do that uses an air intergrated computer?

Thanks!

Hi Your Setup is exactly the same as my wife and I use for recreational Depths.

Both of us have Uwatec Air Z Computers
My wife MK25/S600 regulator
Me Mares Ruby

We do not use Analogue Air gauges on the Setup.
For 2 reasons..

1: If the computer or transmitter fails you surface, if you have been monitoring you’re air you will have ample to surface regardless of the computer failing.

2: HP Hoses can and do blow, I have had one go myself. So taking a hose out of the system leaves you with one less hose to break, one less hoes to get entangled, and one less hose of drag

Cheers
Chris

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
Hi Your Setup is exactly the same as my wife and I use for recreational Depths.

2: HP Hoses can and do blow, I have had one go myself. So taking a hose out of the system leaves you with one less hose to break, one less hoes to get entangled, and one less hose of drag

I'm interested in this issue of blown hoses? How long were your hoses on equipment? Any signs you can share?? How did you store them when not in use.

THX
Wally LLamma
AKA
ChrisR
:confused:

HI Wally
I have seen three HP hoses blow, one was my own.

The hose was two years old and well cared for, no sign of damage, no bumps or lumps in it. Just turned on the air before the dive and BANG the hose blew apart at the connection to the First Stage End.

Had a Buddys blow at 50Ft same thing, hose about 2 years old, no reason just Bang same spot, he said it felt like somone had dropped an Anchor on his head.

Third was a students, an older hose on a hire kit, just popped when air was turned on,

Our Regs are stored in a draw lying flat, the Hire Regs had been hanging from a hook

Thank you very much for your input. That is what I was kinda thinking. I mean why spend all that money to get a computer with hoseless intergration and then have another hose to worry about?

I can't wait to get my equiptment! And I just want to go diving soon.

thanks,
Matt

Matt
When you get you computer if you have any questions let me know, only to happy to help.

Cheers
Chris

Sidney,

Yes you would have enough air to go back up to the surface, but what if it's your first dive of the day or worst, of a 5 day trip on a liveaboard?

Having a regular SPG and a backup computer will save your day or your whole trip.

What if the backup stuff break as well, one may ask? Well, then, you're really out of luck and you shouldn't probably be diving anyway.:eek:ut:

Arnaud once bubbled...
Sidney,

Yes you would have enough air to go back up to the surface, but what if it's your first dive of the day or worst, of a 5 day trip on a liveaboard?

Having a regular SPG and a backup computer will save your day or your whole trip.

What if the backup stuff break as well, one may ask? Well, then, you're really out of luck and you shouldn't probably be diving anyway.:eek:ut:

Having used the Uwatec computes for 8 years I have never had one fail in anyway.

But we are not talking about spares only to have an SPG on the kit or not. If your AI computer failed it makes no difference, the computer is only a reference to your Dive Plan and is not needed in the equation anyway.

But to be on the safe side I always carry a spare Reg , Computer and SPG on all Dive trips

Chris

Having used the Uwatec computes for 8 years I have never had one fail in anyway.

Chris

Most divers carry diving insurance and never have to use it. Computers (knock on wood) don't fail often in the water, but it can happen...

But we are not talking about spares only to have an SPG on the kit or not. If your AI computer failed it makes no difference, the computer is only a reference to your Dive Plan and is not needed in the equation anyway.

Not sure what you mean here.

But to be on the save side I always carry a spare Reg , Computer and SPG on all Dive trips

That was really my only point...

HI Wally
I have seen three HP hoses blow, one was my own.

The hose was two years old and well cared for, no sign of damage, no bumps or lumps in it. Just turned on the air before the dive and BANG the hose blew apart at the connection to the First Stage End.

From the sound of it looks like hoses come apart and at the frist stage compression connections most often. Wonder if those handy hose covers hide possible problems or really reduce the strain??
Thanks for the info. Hope I don't have to experience this while UW. Guess an extra hose might have to go in my spares kit.

Regards
ChrisR
Wally_llamma

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom