intergrated air computer and guages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally use an the Uwatex Air Nitrox Z and the Uwatec Smartcom.

I originally was using just the wireless air integrated computer, but had problems with the communication features due to a bad transmitter. (Nothing like not know you PSI when at 130' on the Spiegel Grove) I bought the smart com as a backup and have found that I almost like the smart com better.

If you plan on doing decompression dives or getting anywhere below 100 feet I would highly recommend this as an invetment.

I have also found that having a dive computer with software the you can upload dives to forces me to keep a really good dive journal!

Good luck, if you want to know more about either dive computer listed above just let mek now.

Kevin

I like redundancy.

I originally had a Suunto Mosquito on my wrist, and an analog SPG on my kit. I then bought my Cobra (wanted AI), and kept everything else the same. I now have my Mossy as a backup for depth/timer and comp obviously...and my SPG as a backup for my air.

Maybe it's the systems administrator in me...but redundancy makes me feel warm and fuzzy <grin>.

Peace,
Cathie

CuriousMe bubbled...

originally had a Suunto Mosquito on my wrist, and an analog SPG on my kit. I then bought my Cobra (wanted AI), and kept everything else the same. I now have my Mossy as a backup for depth/timer and comp obviously...and my SPG as a backup for my air.

I 've had a Stinger for a couple of years. Just bought a Cobra for the same reason(s). Wanted AI and redundancy. Haven't had a lick of problem with Stinger, but as someone mentioned somewhere else in the threard....if two of them go down on the same trip....

I'm not the real religious type, but I'd definitely consider it ominous.

Safe Diving:doctor:

I think that are a couple things everyone should have if possible. This, in addition to a good air integrated DC (like my cobra). I think it's a good idea to have a analog spg clipped on your bcd or tucked in a pocket out of the way just in case. If the DC bugs out on you, you still have all the info you really need to continue your dive as long as you have at least a wristwatch and know your bottom time. Also, HP hoses can blow and the best safeguard in my opinion is a small pony bottle with its own reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom