Interesting Artifact Near Mansfield Dam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, that's what the ones in the pictures are, but I'm not sure about this one's original purpose and location. It is definitely not in line with the tramway from Shaker plant to dam. Perhaps it was moved from elsewhere prior to filling the lake? It is certainly a large structure to move without dis-assembling. I recall one leg is busted up, with a gap that would make a standing structure unsound.

I guess I need to go have another look :D
Getting some compass readings so we could try to match this up with topo and usgs maps would be fun too.

Getting some compass readings so we could try to match this up with topo and usgs maps would be fun too.

I should be able to easily get the exact latitude and longitude.

I am intrigued. I am going to have to venture down that way to check these things out.

I am intrigued. I am going to have to venture down that way to check these things out.

I don't know.....Bonaire is not to far.....but Lake Travis is like on the other side of the world!! :eyebrow: :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom