Interesting 40 lpm compressor block

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ckenny

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I wonder if anyone knows anything about this little compressor? The other models sold by this company are readily identifiable as clones of Bauer and Coltri models. This one I can’t find any parallels. I’m interested because it could be run by the same 1hp dc motor I use for my water maker aboard the sailboat. It’s potentially something I could add without a lot of weight and complexity (kind of a weight weenie about my boat) Would think to run it with an oversized filter system and a pmv. I could make it run full 3600rpm at max motor output and use the motor controller to slow it down depending on what my goals are and what solar is available. At best it would fill an AL-80 in an hour, but that may be fine for my purposes. Would be happy to hear thoughts from you all. I haven’t owned a compressor before, so it’s all new to me. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0264.png
    IMG_0264.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 14
Man that really is small, you sure it is not a glow plug engine, for a control line aeroplane
How nice and cost effective it is when you buy whole rather than buy in component form

And the noise, horrendous, do you really want that thing rattling away, for twice the time

I do have concern about noise for twice as long. I also wonder about the noise level especially since it is a 3600 rpm compressor at max rpm. I am fairly into keeping weight off of my boat, but this compressor block may not be the best way to save 50 pounds. My other option might be to use a Bauer junior ii compressor block and a three phase 2 or 3 hp motor and vfd powered by the inverter. The motor could also be shared with the water maker to save 30 pounds, or not. I also thought about running a belt drive off one of the diesel engines, but don’t love everything about that either in terms of efficiency, CO exposure ect. Just brain storming to come up with the best solution at this point. Thanks for the reply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom