Interested in going Double Hose - need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A flat back plate is best, but a standard plate without a single tank stabilizer on it only moves the tank about 1 inch away from your body. That's what I have been using and I'm very comfortable breathing with it like that.

The problem with a standard doubles plate is not only that the plate holds the tank away from the body due to the channel but as well it prevents the tank from being moved to get the diaphragm into the center of the shoulders because the regulator body/cans run into the top edge of the plate. You cannot further lower the plate (unless you are very tall) because the bottom edge of the plate runs into other body parts (like your rear end and hip bones). It may work well enough for some due to their particular body geometry but it is hardly ideal.

James

The problem with a standard doubles plate is not only that the plate holds the tank away from the body due to the channel but as well it prevents the tank from being moved to get the diaphragm into the center of the shoulders because the regulator body/cans run into the top edge of the plate. You cannot further lower the plate (unless you are very tall) because the bottom edge of the plate runs into other body parts (like your rear end and hip bones). It may work well enough for some due to their particular body geometry but it is hardly ideal.

James

Yeah, I am tall (6 ft) and I have the plate just above my hips and the can sits just below my shoulders.

Lenexa... but I work in Olathe!

Ha! I Live in Olathe and Work in Lenexa. :p

Do you dive much around here? (within a 5hr drive anyway)

Ha! I Live in Olathe and Work in Lenexa. :p

Do you dive much around here? (within a 5hr drive anyway)

That's funny!

We dive Beaver lake in Arkansas, primarily. Usually 2 or 3 times a summer just to keep our skills up. Have a trip to dive Norfork lake scheduled for early June but not sure if it's going to happen now or not.
Never dove there before but it looks interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom