Interested in Diving Dubai??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zfallah

Reaction score
Hello there! if anyone is visiting Dubai, you might want to consider taking a nice diving trip, lots of beautiful sites, you can go to the east coast, shallow dives, wreck dives, beautiful coral reefs, excellent visibility from March onwards, crytsal clear waters, and sunshine all day!!

My friends and I constantly plan diving trips in Dubai, and the east coast, fun filled days..so if interestes & will be in Dubai ..let me know..

Have a nice day!

zfallah:
Hello there! if anyone is visiting Dubai, you might want to consider taking a nice diving trip, lots of beautiful sites, you can go to the east coast, shallow dives, wreck dives, beautiful coral reefs, excellent visibility from March onwards, crytsal clear waters, and sunshine all day!!

My friends and I constantly plan diving trips in Dubai, and the east coast, fun filled days..so if interestes & will be in Dubai ..let me know..

Have a nice day!

Hey ScubaGirl...

How often do youll dive ? where do youll go mostly ? Id like to go if free on the weekends...are you part of any dive club ? I did my OW last year from Al boom...
Ive dived in the Barrier reef,Maldives, Fujairah and Dubai...was to dive in Thailand last week but my friend had an accident...so we cancelled.

I have a marine aquarium which is a big hobby of mine.

Reply to me...and you can keep my number as well just in case youll plan a trip....050-5532409

Nice talkin to ya..

Lyndon

Hi Z
I am in Dubai 15 to 19 May staying at the Shargri La and would like to go for a dive and have been recommended Al Boom. I understand that they arrange trips along the coast in Oman. Would you recommend Oman or dive locally?
Thx Bruce

Hey Lyndon,

Thanks for the message, and good to know that you are residing in Dubai.. We often dive every week on Friday or every 2 weeks.. We usually leave at around 7AM and arrive in khorfakkan at around 8:30 - 9 (you need to count stopping at a supermarket to get drinks and stuff).. There is a boat which usually waits for us at the harbor, which is owned by a diving house in Khorfakkan ..

We get our equipment (BCD, tanks, weights, everything from Dubai) whoever owns them is fine, but everyone else usually rents from Scuba Dubai or the other shop in karama (i forgot the name!)

It will be nice to have an extra dive buddy to the group, i will keep your number with me, and give you a call a couple of days before we plan our next dive!!

Cheers,
ScubaGirl

Lyndon:
Hey ScubaGirl...

How often do youll dive ? where do youll go mostly ? Id like to go if free on the weekends...are you part of any dive club ? I did my OW last year from Al boom...
Ive dived in the Barrier reef,Maldives, Fujairah and Dubai...was to dive in Thailand last week but my friend had an accident...so we cancelled.

I have a marine aquarium which is a big hobby of mine.

Reply to me...and you can keep my number as well just in case youll plan a trip....050-5532409

Nice talkin to ya..

Lyndon

Hey Bruce,

Thanks for the message.. and with regards to Al Boom they come highly recommended.. and i would suggest you dive locally, considering you will only be in Dubai for a couple of days.. however you could always go for 1 day to Oman if your time allows...

However, diving locally in Khorfakkan, would be lovely, the weather now in Dubai is Great!!

If you needed further help or advice let me know

Cheers,
Zeina

brucem:
Hi Z
I am in Dubai 15 to 19 May staying at the Shargri La and would like to go for a dive and have been recommended Al Boom. I understand that they arrange trips along the coast in Oman. Would you recommend Oman or dive locally?
Thx Bruce

brucem:
Hi Z
Thx Bruce

Al Boom is good...you can also try Sandy Beach Motel in Fujairah and theyre good too...I suugest that you dont try diving in Dubai as its bottom of the range diving now with the dredging happening to build the artifical islands...viz is about a metre !however if you can get a dive out in open sea then youd get to see some of the pelagics surely...

Go to Fujairah or Musandam on the east coast...lots of true reef and critters are much better and so is the viz !

Its a shame you wont be in town this week coz Im gonna dive Fujairah God willing this friday.

zfallah:
Hey Lyndon,

Thanks for the message, and good to know that you are residing in Dubai.. We often dive every week on Friday or every 2 weeks.. We usually leave at around 7AM and arrive in khorfakkan at around 8:30 - 9 (you need to count stopping at a supermarket to get drinks and stuff).. There is a boat which usually waits for us at the harbor, which is owned by a diving house in Khorfakkan ..

We get our equipment (BCD, tanks, weights, everything from Dubai) whoever owns them is fine, but everyone else usually rents from Scuba Dubai or the other shop in karama (i forgot the name!)

It will be nice to have an extra dive buddy to the group, i will keep your number with me, and give you a call a couple of days before we plan our next dive!!

Cheers,
ScubaGirl

How many of youll are there in your group now ? What are the experience levels...not that it matters...
theres a dive shop in karama ? :06:

How much do youll pay per trip ?

Sorry for the questions hope to dive some time soon...

Yalla Bye

Lyndon

Hi Lyndon,

In the group we can sometimes reach to 20 people, which can be lots of fun because not all of them are divers, half like to snorkel, others like to just swim and hand around ...

The shop in karama is located behind Sana shop, its called Scuba Tec Dubai..and per trip we pay 125 dirhams, including coffee and tea (we get our own equipment)

I was going diving this weekend, however it got postponed.. will let you know if we do anything next week..

Take care and have a good week

Zeina

Anyone planning a Dive? We are 2 experienced open water divers in town for the weekend. If anyone is interested, please me e-mail: sebgood@yahoo.com or text me on +965 700 1247.

Thanks!
-Sebastian

Back
Top Bottom