INTERESTED? Coron Wreck diving trip 20 Jan - 23 Jan, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which is why I asked for 32% for anything over 100ft. Didn't know if he was going to use 1.4 or 1.6.

Hey Moonie, sorry I didn't see your post before I left. The people from the PPD that went were me, Chip, Spoon, Iris and Purple. We met up with six non-PPDers and the guy leading us for a total of 12. We dove with another guy at the resort and two other DMs on parrt of the trip.

I'm sure everyone has lots of pics, there were more than enough cameras going around. Here's a few shots of interesting things. I was stupid the first day and had problems with the camera so no wreck photos from me.

The resort dock (The resort buildings are behind trees):

DD_Resort.JPG

We stayed at Discovery Divers which was a generally friendly place. The rooms are pretty rustic and certain things need repairs, like the doors in cottage four so that they open and close without problems.

Gunther's Cathedral is an AWESOME dive. It's a cave that can go to zero viz very easily but it's a short run through the tight area and when you pop out, you're in a flooded cavern. You can surface and see:

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0194-min.JPG

It's even possible to rappel into the cave from above. I'm not sure how you'd get up there though, the walls we saw were all sheer.

IMG_0172-min.JPG

Barracuda Lake is separate from the ocean and is a mix of fresh and salt water layers. In addition to the difference in water types, you have a wide difference in temperatures. It's a bit of a hike to get there, you take a boat to the entrance (fee PhP 75) then have to carry equipment (chicks can have their stuff carried by the nearest guy that wants to be helpful or the boatman if the guys are feeling lazy or are carrying their own)

Climb_to_Barracuda_Lake.JPG

Note for Iris' fan club: Iris carried her own gear up and down these rocks to the water. I took a pic but as she started moving when I did, it's pretty much a picture of her rear end. Out of respect for her, I decided it would be inappropriate to post it.

The lake itself is interesting because it's so different. There aren't swarms of fish and the schools that are there are mostly small fry. However, the lake does bring a new meaning to the word "barren".

Under_Barracuda_Lake.JPG

At about 85ft, the dirt turns red, it's pretty unnusual.

Halthron:
Note for Iris' fan club: Iris carried her own gear up and down these rocks to the water. I took a pic but as she started moving when I did, it's pretty much a picture of her rear end. Out of respect for her, I decided it would be inappropriate to post it.

Hurray!!! To Iris for carrying her gear, good on ya!!

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!! To Halthron for not posting pic!!! :D

Halthron:
I never said it couldn't be bought :D
eric, great pics!!! Send me an email of all of them! Why don't you post the pic of us underwater? :) How about the one I took of you descending on the first wreck dive?

I'm in the process of writing up a report and posting pics...I'll email you them later. Did you see Bobby's pics? Awesome! I'll post some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom