Insurance for the the rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I talked to my insurance guy and it turns out that my renters insurance would cover it, but only if it was stolen or something like that. For damage from airlines, or even dropping I need a Personal Articles Policy (PAP) which would be about $60 a year and would cover repairs as well as total replacement. I'm waiting until they check it with the underwriters and then I'll probably go with it.
Just to fill in the blanks, what insurance company?

By a coincidence, I submitted a Personal Articles Policy form for my rebreathers today to State Farm. I'll let you know what the results are from the underwriters when the get back to me.

Do you have anything extra on your homeowner's that covers your Meg or was it covered in the general policy?

General policy. Also they say they don't raise the rate but I lose my $150/yr no claims discount for 3 years.

Bad news, my State Farm guy said no, so now I am looking again.

Back
Top Bottom