Instructor to instructor communication

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre once bubbled...

Perhaps you should strap a set of doubles to your chest.. :tease:

And all this time I thought they went on your back :bonk:
Already this instructor forum is useful!!

Any word on this?

Or should we let it be....Are you regulators hoping we'll let this one go?

with the probability that it will be "closed" AND that it may draw more agency attention than most threads, we are weighing out the legal and technical aspects of it. I am pretty sure it will happen, just be patient as we finalize things.

The regulators have given their opinions on this and are waiting just like you.

The final decision belongs to KN, the owner of the board, and he has a few other things to take care of besides this so we will just have to be patient.

Thanks for the response.

You asked for everyone's opinion and I gave you mine.

Leave it open...otherwise it will be a big deal when it comes out. (some one broke the silence) There will be a big hush going on back here and defeats the purpose of a communication board.

Lastly.

I am an instructor...but I also make it a habit to take some kind of course every year or so...making me a student.

Wouldn't that keep me out?

Hey, I'll hold the chicken and let you...

Any new? is it still on the table or has it gone away?

I'm waiting too!

Hallmac

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Any new? is it still on the table or has it gone away?

No news yet, yes it's still on the table and it's not gone away... just more pressing matters have kept the powers that be from being able to focus on the minor details.

NetDoc once bubbled...

1) Should an "Instructor's forum" be closed to all but those who are DM and higher? Should it be restricted to only instructors?

2) Should admission to that forum be in the form of a verifiable cert # and name? (WIll not be given out to the rest of the forum or board)

3) Should the right to assert that you ARE an instructor anywhere on the board be tied to that same verification?

4) Would there be any areas that should remain off-topic, even for such a forum.

1. Leave it open to everyone.

2. Yes. if it is closed

3. Yes

4. Any agency bashing, warn the poster one time, delete their post. If it happens again. Suspend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom