Instructor Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pez7378

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone recommend a good Instructor for an AOW course in the Seattle area? I have decided that with everything there is to consider when selecting a course, Ultimately it is the quality instructors that make the difference. For those of you that want to recommend yourselves.....discreetly, feel free to PM me!! :lol:

I would be happy to discuss my AOW class with you. I can comfortably say that no one else in the area teaches one like it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I would be happy to discuss my AOW class with you. I can comfortably say that no one else in the area teaches one like it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

He's right! Bob teaches a fantastic class that I would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone. I learned soooo much more than I would have learned in any other class. He definitely teaches outside the box. I didn't even know I should learn some of the the things I learned until I took his class.

He's also a very patient and funny teacher....delivery matters to me as much as content. Let me stress the "patient" part. :) And the funny part, for that matter.

I've taken my OW and Nitrox classes with BDub (on this board). Highly recommended. He teaches out of Northwest Sports Divers in Kenmore. I haven't taken a class with NWGratefuldiver but I know BDub thinks highly of him. I met him briefly and he seemed like a cool guy. Good luck!

From what I've read of NWGratefulDiver's posts I would definately check him out.

I have never taken a class with NWGreatfulDiver but I have dove with him many times.
I would say talk with him.. you can't go wrong.

laivindil:
I've taken my OW and Nitrox classes with BDub (on this board). Highly recommended. He teaches out of Northwest Sports Divers in Kenmore. I haven't taken a class with NWGratefuldiver but I know BDub thinks highly of him. I met him briefly and he seemed like a cool guy. Good luck!

I'm currently taking AOW right now with BDub per Bob's (NWGREATFUL) recommendation. Kenmore is a lot closer to me than Issaquah :auto:

Having worked with Bob (NW Grateful Diver) for almost a year now, I would recommend him without reservations. He has a FABULOUS AOW class put together, with substance in both the practice and the book-learning parts. Warning: It's challenging!

TSandM:
........... with substance in both the practice and the book-learning parts. Warning: It's challenging!

Hmmmm :eyebrow: Did you say challenging? I love challenging. That may very well be right up my alley.

Thank you everyone for all of the responses. I will be making plans to take the class here in a month or two and you saved me a lot of legwork.

Something else you might consider: Bob (GratefulDiver) has started organizing "newbie/veteran" dives at Cove2 each month. Unfortunately, I haven't made either of the last two, even though Bob was going to be my dive buddy. I will make one of them soon enough... But that might be a great way to meet "intructor-type" folks and get an idea for personalities, learn about their courses, etc.

And I think it says a lot about the character of the folks involved when both of the folks mentioned above have recommended the other as a dive instructor. What a great place we live in to have that type of respect and camraderie.

Lowell

Back
Top Bottom