Instructor Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Id recomend PADI . even though there system is heavily flawled . Its the one to go for .

Sorry, that makes no sense. If you really believe that, why would you recommend them?

Id recomend PADI . even though there system is heavily flawled . Its the one to go for .

I don't know if I would have worded it quite that way.

It seems to me all of the certifying agencies have various downsides. Some more than others but to me I judge a diver by the way he dives.....not who certified him/her.

No... I gave it up for money and family... I was a NASE certified instructor (I had the 200 OW dives) and went with the money my company offerred...

The insurance is the big thing... As an independent instructor, you want the best... LLoyds of London has never settled... That is why they are the best, and that is why they are still in business.... Lawyers hear that you are insured through LLoyds of London and they instruct their clients duly...
I don't know who is blowing smoke up your kilt, Lloyds has settled, repeatedly.

sorry guys just back from divin in cuba . fantastic .....

the reason i would recommend PADI is that they are recognised all over the world . outside of the US they are the largest and most wide spread .

I have dived around the world and PADI schools and centers are the onea of choice espically the 5* enters .

As a PADI instructor working whilst you travel is easier .I am not a padi instructor but my CMAS instructor level is classed higher than a PADI instructor but is not recognised WOrld wide.

who on this page has heard of CMAS or CFT ?

my belifes on the PADI system are complicated . they have a great system of instruction .that is not adheard to by all divers and so the system can fail . but this is typical of other systems but PADI to the larger extent .

there are great divers from PADI, but to the most they are holiday divers .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom