Installing an AI Transmitter and SPG hose on the same first stage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flycaster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a minor dilemma.
Shearwater recommends installing my transmitter on the same side as my Perdix will be worn.
That leaves the only other HP port on my MK17 EVO located on the opposite side I wear my SPG.
Any alternate mounting methods out there??
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Isn't the point of having the transmitter to be able to read tank pressure off the Perdix?

How often will you really be looking at the spg? just route it down the other side...You might consider putting it on a short hose so it rides within your sight if you glance to that side - clipped off to a shoulder d-ring if you have one.

Some people (my buddy is one) don't even use a backup spg when they have an AI computer installed.

Last edited:
Following up on Steve’s helpful post. - In my experience, using my right side for my Perdex, my left hand is free to use the inflator.

Following up on Steve’s helpful post. - In my experience, using my right side for my Perdex, my left hand is free to use the inflator.
Ignore my comment..I read as if TS had poted above..my bad

Also, try it on the opposite side and you will find that it probably still works fine. Heck, I read my wife's pressure on my computer if she is within 4-5 feet of me. I also agree with charlier's first comment.

Shearwater telling you to put a HP hose on there for an SPG is a CYOA disclaimer, nothing more. If you don't have a mission specific dive that you absolutely can't call in the event of a transmitter failure, leave the HP hose on the deck with an adjustable wrench. If your transmitter fails, call the dive and put the HP hose on before the next one

Shearwater telling you to put a HP hose on there for an SPG is a CYOA disclaimer, nothing more. If you don't have a mission specific dive that you absolutely can't call in the event of a transmitter failure, leave the HP hose on the deck with an adjustable wrench. If your transmitter fails, call the dive and put the HP hose on before the next one

So now you have trust in AI to the point where you recommend not having an SPG backup. You are making a lot of progress, most promising :p

So now you have trust in AI to the point where you recommend not having an SPG backup. You are making a lot of progress, most promising :p

I don't remember advocating for having both, though I did advocate against Suunto and was proven right. Also said there weren't computers that made AI worth investing in until the Perdix came out, and stand by that. Don't remember advocating redundant HP monitoring though...

I can say definitively though that if I didn't already have a Petrel, I'd buy a Perdix AI with a pair of transmitters without blinking an eye right now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom