Installing a valve on drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I suppose not. The reason I asked is because I got quoted about $90 for a shop to do it, so if it wasn't any cheaper to do it myself, I'd rather just have it done professionally.

Do not try to expect it to be cheap , if you like doing things yourself and want to learn something new DIY is the way to go. If you only care about the final result just give it to the professionals.

Can I just screw the valves in place, or do I need some kind of goop on the threads or on the port sealing surface?

No, nothing goes on the port nor on the threads. The port has a lip on the outside that is compressed when the valve is sealed and provides waterproof connection

So before I order these parts, both the plug and the port are Si Tech brand. They don't give any dimensions that I can tell. Are pretty much all exhaust valves and ports the same size? I would hate to get them and have them not fit the stock Whites valve and valve port.

So before I order these parts, both the plug and the port are Si Tech brand. They don't give any dimensions that I can tell. Are pretty much all exhaust valves and ports the same size? I would hate to get them and have them not fit the stock Whites valve and valve port.

As far as I remember I read they could be of different sizes. But whites if I'm not mistaken uses si-tech.

Just talked to "Bob3" on here. He was just as helpful as you elan. I can get everything from him for a lot cheaper than anywhere else and he gave me some helpfull hints as well. You guys are awsome, thanks a lot.

Just talked to "Bob3" on here. He was just as helpful as you elan. I can get everything from him for a lot cheaper than anywhere else and he gave me some helpfull hints as well. You guys are awsome, thanks a lot.

no problem , good luck with the project

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom