Instadry HENDERSON????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would think Instadry material would be a poor choice for gloves. I don't get more than a year out of Kevlar gloves.

However, I feel that extreme longevity is a much overrated benefit in a wetsuit, when compared to stretch, comfort and warmth. I've had plenty of the former, in fact I think one 5mm suit is still standing in the corner of my garage!

But seriously, my Henderson 3mm gold seal lasted three years of extensive spearfishing and teaching use, but it's well pretty shot now. My 7mm Hyperstretch is still going strong after 3 seasons of moderate use, also spearfishing, although the stretchy stuff does pill.

I think the Instadry will be the warmest 3mm I'll have for a fairly long time... then I'll rash it and get the next greatest thing to hit the market!

Chad

Here's the Instadry after a big stretching tear from my kayak cleat. In the close up you can see the fabric in the middle, it's a four way stretch fiber that keeps the suit from overstretching and returning to the original shape and fit. (Well except for this obvious exception.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom