Lessons Inspection Stickers and Jupiter Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Do tanks have major changes every three years?"
The answer is NO !
That is the "residual income" business model that became popular a couple decades ago, Sir.

You'll starve if you build a service/product that you can only sell one time. Go look at the Android/Apple store now. Mostly "subscription" based apps. My boss gave me a big lecture on the subscription model business plan back decades ago when it got popular. I was writing software for a large corporation and the software was buy-it-and-us-it-til-it-quits, then go buy the new version (if you want to). Not enough money in that. The boss wanted a software that you bought then paid a monthly subscription, or it locked. Sometimes we call that "ransomware".

I did a service call to a client in 2020. He was a lawyer and the courts began requiring all documents to be filed online. He called screaming because he couldn't connect to the state courts website portal to file his cases. I discovered his connectivity problem immediately. I kid you not, this was 2020 now, the lawyer (who charges $360 per hour) was running Windows 98 on all his office PC's.

See Bill Gates figured out decades ago if you sold a software that could be used for 25 years, you'd go bankrupt.

Mark figured it out, too. :)
So to buy his stickers and use his logo, you have to pay perpetually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom