Insight Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tshank

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have two Insight dive computers purchased in late 2008, they have been stored indoors and have seen less than 25 dives. Both of them showed low battery indicators, so I took them to the lds where I purchased them to have the batteries serviced. Both of them were working at time of service, when the tech changed the batteries he said one of them would not come on after the new battery was installed, he took it out and re-installed it and it turned on. He said there is a slight bubbling out of the battery hatch and he has seen this problem before in these computers. Yesterday while diving the computer shut off around 40' (went blank)..I was able to continue the dive with analog gauges. I tried to turn the computer on at my safety stop and it would come on and go through the self test and then display "ale" . On the surface the computer turned on and stayed on for two hours then shut off as it should. Took the battery cover off at home, there is no sign of moisture present inside. What should I do? lds says I need a new battery cover. Thanks, Tom

Please contact an authorized dealer with your proof of purchase and they will help you get this resolved.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom