¿ Insight on Delta Airlines return to Cozumel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know about the OP, but for me, it's not Biz class that's a requirement, but rather that specific week the OP was interested in. As a rule, if you want to fly anywhere between Christmas and New Year, airfares will be exorbitant. I'm trying to book ATL-CUN right now, and they want in the neighborhood of 112k Skymiles or $1600.
Again, there must be more to your story as cheaper nonstop flights are easily found...
c1.JPG

Frontier is the cheapest. I've never flown them, but for those fares I'd try them. AeroMexico and Delta have oneway nonstop fares all day on the 27th for $694.

Maybe you meant roundtrip? You didn't say how long you wanted to stay so I gave a range of 6-10 nights...
rt.JPG

December 27 is still the cheapest go date...
d27rt.JPG

Thanks, Don. I appreciate the effort. I would not risk Frontier or Spirit. (Until Spirit and JetBlue's merger goes through, Spirit is still Spirit.) I checked Southwest in addition to Delta and American, and Southwest's fares were almost as high as Delta's. I have a lot of miles with Delta. I am loath to use them for this fare-gouging holiday season trip, but I may have to. We're very locked into our dates--we're taking a course.

My intent wasn't to complain or even seek assistance (though it's appreciated) but rather to attempt to explain why the OP found such high fares. Once I started looking, I was shocked, too. If you're locked into certain dates over the Christmas-New Year week you're pretty much hosed on airfare. And the OP was looking for CZM fares, where we're looking for CUN. So, my trip is kind of off-topic. But I appreciated the reply.

We booked Xmas on JetBlue through CUN...its direct and were fine with the bag drag...I wont fly AA and I prefer not to change planes these days. Dont recall the price, but I believe it was about $300 each RT from NYC.

We booked Xmas on JetBlue through CUN...its direct and were fine with the bag drag...I wont fly AA and I prefer not to change planes these days. Dont recall the price, but I believe it was about $300 each RT from NYC.
Jet Blue fares are often very good. We don't have that option from ATL.

I don't know that this is still valid, but it used to be that one could get very good air fares if flying on Christmas Day.

I don't know that this is still valid, but it used to be that one could get very good air fares if flying on Christmas Day.
Last year we traveled ATL-CUN on Dec. 25th, and the fare was quite reasonable and the flight not full. (I would imagine there may be similar saving on CZM flights.) But this year, we're taking a course that begins on Dec. 26, so we want to arrive before Christmas to get acclimated, and the airfares are sky high for departure from the US just before Christmas and returning just after New Year. It's the only week my wife had off from work :(

Christmas
Not for ATL to Cancun or Cozumel this year. $424 is the lowest oneway for that date. A week later on New Years Day, you can find $114 on Frontier, or $192 on Delta/Aeromexico. I think those last two are codeshare flights and who knows whose airline it actually involves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom