Insight Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've waited another 2 weeks with no response and nothing new posted to Sherwood's website. Is a release date available for the software for the Insight? I can't believe I bought this in April and there's still no software available.

There was a delay. I am expecting the software to be posted by the end of the week.

Sherwood Scuba

I tried to install on Windows XP and Vista operating systems and I get an error message (error 1306) on both systems and the configuration portion of the install runs continuously stating that it needs to restart, I hit the OK and it just keeps running and puts the same restart message back up or the error 1306 message. I have to go into the task manager to get it shut down.

Do you have any suggestions?

-New USB dongle
-Latest USB/serial driver from Sherwood site
-Brand new Wisdom 2 and older Wisdom 1 - neither works
-2 different systems (XP SP3 desktop and XP SP2 laptop)

Installed driver, followed all prompts as directed. USB serial port shows up under Device Manager as COM4 (COM8 on laptop). I can talk to the dongle itself over the serial port using Putty - so that part is working.

When I first connect the dongle to the computer and hook up to the DC, the first attempt at downloading dive data or DC settings produces the following:

1. DC display shows "PC" and starts the 120 sec countdown
2. Software shows "Starting handshake" then very shortly followed by "Time out".
3. Any further attempts to download dive data or DC settings causes the DC to alternate "Time" and "Wet" on the display. Software does the "Starting handshake" followed by "Time out" sequence.

Everything new: drivers, software, dongle, DC. Same symptoms with either my new Wisdom 2 or the used Wisdom 1.

HELP!

Sorry guys. I trusted the Software Engineer that what he gave me on Friday was correct. I rushed it up on Friday because I had promised everyone that it would be up by Friday.

I have forwarded your issues back to him this morning. I hope to have it fixed by Monday.

Sorry!

Sorry guys. I trusted the Software Engineer that what he gave me on Friday was correct. I rushed it up on Friday because I had promised everyone that it would be up by Friday.

I have forwarded your issues back to him this morning. I hope to have it fixed by Monday.

Sorry!

Thanks for your efforts. You might want to beta test these first before you release them. I think that many Sherwood owners would be willing to volunteer to help ensure that when the product goes out it's right.

TK Trekers & DiveHawk. The Software Engineer has questions for you to diagnose your problems, I will send you each a PM to assist.

sherwood is this a beta version or is this a production version of the software? the software say beta and they way you refer to it sound like production software. I haven't used everything but so far so good. I would add none to current, surge, swell, surf but I can use the dashes.

DiveHawk which wisdom 2 do you have the 7100 series or 9100 series? they are diffrent computer on the inside which I found out when I had to exhange cables.

tk trekers do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit windows system because it sound like you loaded the wrong software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom