Insight Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got word back from the engineer that the software will be backward compatible and the new software will work with the older Wisdoms and Insight computers.

I am having the same problem as the OP with my Insight.

I just purchased a Download cable and it will not download any Dives. I am connecting the plug Logo Up to the computer.

I installed the USB Driver: 775.2k_Vista_USBDriver.eve that was posted on 5/28/09 and the Software 673.Sherwood_Computer_Interface_2.0.4_Setup that was posted on 12/08/08. I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3. My Insight has Silver colored buttons. It has the date 03/06 on the side of the unit next to the S/N.

After I connect the Insight to my PC, and open the Sherwood software, I click on Dives and am prompted to add Dives. I select Import from my Insight, and the Import Dialog opens. It says USB interface FOUND. I then click the "Play" button to begin the download. It then says "Starting Handshake..." briefly, then says "Time Out." and closes the window.

If I click on the File menu and Select RUThere, it tells me the "Unit if OFF" even though the Unit is on. It does this regardless of the device being in EA mode or not. I have tried the cable on 4 different USB ports on my PC.

Does your computer have grey buttons with a chrome dot in the center or does your computer have buttons that are entirely chrome?

Sherwood Scuba

My computer has Grey buttons with a Chrome dot in the middle

orionnt,

Do this for me. Uninstall all the software and drivers. Don't just delete, go into Install/Uninstall and uninstall the software.

Re-install on the XP computer the software and the newest Driver that we just loaded to the web last week. Once you have the new driver installed let me know if you have success.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom