Insight Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tk trekers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have two Sherwood Insights, I purchased the download cable this past week and downloaded the software onto two different computers, one running XP and one running Vista and I can't get the information to download on either one. Every time I connect the USB cable, I get the message that the device was found and then I connect the Insight, the screen goes to the PC mode and begins to countdown from 120. At this point I get the "Time Out" message or on occasion I get a message that says something like "Improper Device." Either way, it closes out the download screen on the software.

I get this message with both dive computers. I saw where some other people had similar problems but I have installed the latest downloads from Sherwood with no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have two Sherwood Insights, I purchased the download cable this past week and downloaded the software onto two different computers, one running XP and one running Vista and I can't get the information to download on either one. Every time I connect the USB cable, I get the message that the device was found and then I connect the Insight, the screen goes to the PC mode and begins to countdown from 120. At this point I get the "Time Out" message or on occasion I get a message that says something like "Improper Device." Either way, it closes out the download screen on the software.

I get this message with both dive computers. I saw where some other people had similar problems but I have installed the latest downloads from Sherwood with no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Make sure you have the cable plugged into the Insight correctly. My Wisdom will accept the plug either label up or down but only one is right (plug label up). Sherwood - you should fix this so only one way is right. :D

I've been plugging it in with the label up...

I tried booting with everything hooked up, the connection still times out. The computer must be recognizing that the USB cable is hooked up to it because it switches to PC mode and starts to countdown. I don't know what red + button you are referring to. Where should I look for this?

In "Dive Log/Dive" then up on the right side of the menu bar are a red + and - sign. Not real obvious but when you click on it it will ask you if you want to download from your computer or something to that effect. After that just follow the instructions.

I don't see that anywhere in the software version I'm using. Once connected there is a blue arrow button and that's it.

TK,

Answer a couple of questions for me so that I can provide to the engineer what is happening.

What verions of Microsoft are you running?
What driver did you dowload from the website?
What color are the buttons of the Insight do you have?

Thanks,

I am running Vista and Windows XP (two different computers).

I downloaded the driver for Windows 2000 / XP / Vista dated 5-19-08 on both computers. The older Vista 64 bit driver (dated 11-16-07) would not install on the Vista system and I did not try it on the XP system.

The buttons on both of my Insight's are chrome.

okay, you have the brand new Insight if you computer has the chrome buttons. We have a new version of the software coming out shortly. The dive computers were delivered before the software became available. If you can give us a couple of weeks new software will be available and you will be all set.

thanks,
Sherwood Rep.

Back
Top Bottom